Mnesithea thailandica a new species of Poaceae from Thailand
Mnesithea thailandica, a new species of Poaceae subtribe Rottboelliinae from Thailand, is described and illustrated.
Key wordsCoelorachis Mnesithea Mnesithea thailandica new species Rottboelliinae Thailand
The first author acknowledges receipt of the following grants to undertake this work: TRF/BIOTEC Special Program for Biodiversity Research and Training Grant (BRT T_148023); the Center of Excellence in Biodiversity, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University (CEB_D_3_2005); and a grant from Development and Promotion of Science and Technology Talents project of Thailand (DPST). We are indebted to Dr Benjamin ∅llgaard for assisting with the latin diagnosis and to Drs Steve Renvoize and Tom Cope for their suggestions to improve the work and providing facilities while working in the Grass Section at Kew. We are also very grateful to the curators and staff of the following herbaria: AAU, BCU, BK, BKF, BM, CMU, K, KKU, L, P, PSU, QBG, TCD and Herb. Biology, Chiang Mai University for all information and their assistance during visits to their institutions.
- Clayton, W. D. & Renvoize, S. A. (1986). Genera Graminum: Grasses of the World. HMSO, London.Google Scholar
- Norsaengsri, M. (2000). The family Gramineae in Phu Phan National park, Sakon Nakhon Province. Unpublished M.S. thesis. Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand.Google Scholar
- Phillips, S. M. & Chen, S. L. (2006). Poaceae. In: Z. G. Wu & P. E. Raven (eds), Flora of China 22. Science Press, Beijing and Missouri Botanical Garden Press, St Louis.Google Scholar
- Traiperm, P. (2007). Systematics of Ischaemineae and Rottboelliinae (Poaceae) in Thailand. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis. Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.Google Scholar
- Veldkamp, J. F., De Koning, R. & Sosef, M. S. M. (1986). Generic delimitation of Rottboellia and related genera (Gramineae). Blumea 31: 281 – 307.Google Scholar