Melt-electrospinning of Polyphenylene Sulfide
- 11 Downloads
Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) superfine fiber is a promising high efficient material for high temperature dedusting. In this paper, the PPS superfine fiber was prepared by melt-electrospinning for the first time. In order to produce the finer fibers, the polypropylene (PP) was added to PPS and the effects of blending ratio, spinning voltage, spinning temperature, and spinning distance on resultant fibers were investigated systematically. The superfine fibers of PPS with an average diameter of 4.12 μm were successfully prepared at the optimized condition, which was one third of that by melt-spinning method. With the decrease of 76.21 % fibers diameter, the filter efficiency increased from 87.03 % to 98.05 %. The presented method provides a new way for the scalable and green fabrication of PPS superfine fibers.
KeywordsPPS Melt-electrospinning Superfine fiber High temperature filter dedusting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Okoro, S. C. Kiamehr, S. Montgomery, M. Frandsen, and F. J. Pantleon, Mater. Corros., 5, 499 (2017).Google Scholar
- 3.W. J. Dou, R. Q. Zhang, and Y. Wu, Ifeesd, 75, 68 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Y. Li, H. B. Chen, X. F. Zhong, W. F. Wu, Y. M. Ding, and W. M. Yang, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 131, 40080 (2014).Google Scholar
- 14.F. M. Wunner, O. Bas, N. T. Saidy, P. D. Dalton, P. Emd, and D. W. Hutmacher, Jove-J Vis Exp., 130, 56289 (2017).Google Scholar
- 20.L. Chen, J. Kang, and S. Sukigara, Bio-med. Mater. Eng., 24, 1979 (2014).Google Scholar
- 24.C. F. Harwood, I. Vasserman, and T. C. Gsell, U. S. Patent, 6110589 (2000).Google Scholar
- 26.J. X. He, N. W. Guo, and S. Z. Cui, Iran Polym. J., 20, 9 (2011).Google Scholar
- 29.S. Li, Chem. Fiber Text. Technol., 43, 64 (2014).Google Scholar
- 30.J. X. Zheng, R. X. Zhu, S. Y. Zhou, B. X. Zhang, J. H. Wang, Y. Li, and J. J. Liao, Chem. Fiber Text. Technol., 46, 72 (2017).Google Scholar
- 31.ASHRAE, 52.2-1999, USA, Method of Testing General Ventilation Air-Cleaning Devices for Removal Efficiency by Particle Size.Google Scholar
- 32.L. Zeng, M. Hao, and Y. Qiao, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 10, 1002 (2017).Google Scholar