Prediction of air filter efficiency and pressure drop in air filtration media using a stochastic simulation
- 596 Downloads
In this paper, we discussed the relationship of filter efficiency and pressure drop with the porosity, fiber diameter and filter thickness by Geodict®. We found that filter efficiency has exponential relationship with filter porosity, fiber diameter and thickness. Furthermorethe pressure drop has a linear relationship with filter thickness and exponential relationship with filter porosity and fiber diameter, respectively. The influence of electrostatic charge on the particle deposition has been investigated. Simulation results were compared with the actual test results by TSI 3160.
KeywordsFilter simulation Electrostatic charge Filter efficiency Pressure drop Porosity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Tien, “Granular Filtration of Aerosols and Hvdrosols”, Butterworths, Boston, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.R. C. Brown, “Air Filtration, an Integrated Approach to the Theory and Application of Fibrous Filters”, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Ohser and F. Mücklich, “Statistical Analysis of Microstructures in Materials Science”, John Wiley & Sons, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Schladitz, S. Peters, D. Reinel-Bitzer, A. Wiegmann, and J. Ohser, “Design of Acoustic Trim Based on Geometric Modeling and Flow Simulation for Nonwoven”, ITWM Technical Report Nr. 72, January, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Latz and A. Wiegmann, “Simulation of Fluid Particle Separation in Realistic Three Dimensional Fiber Structures”, Filtech Europa, Düsseldorf, October, 2003.Google Scholar