Non-negatively Curved 6-Manifolds with Almost Maximal Symmetry Rank
- 41 Downloads
We classify closed, simply connected, non-negatively curved 6-manifolds of almost maximal symmetry rank up to equivariant diffeomorphism.
KeywordsAlmost maximal symmetry rank Equivariant diffeomorphism 6-Manifolds Non-negative curvature
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary 53C20 Secondary 57S25
Christine Escher and Catherine Searle would like to thank Michael Wiemeler and a referee for pointing out an omission in a previous version of the paper. We are also indebted to the same referee for many helpful comments and suggestions. This material is based in part upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DMS-1440140 while both authors were in residence at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley, California, during the Spring 2016 semester. Catherine Searle would also like to acknowledge support by Grants from the National Science Foundation (#DMS-1611780), as well as from the Simons Foundation (#355508, C. Searle).
- 3.Escher, C., Searle, C.: Torus actions, maximality and non-negative curvature (2017). arXiv:1506.08685v3 [math.DG]
- 5.Galaz-García, F.: Fixed-point homogeneous nonnegatively curved Riemannian manifolds in low dimensions. PhD Thesis, University of Maryland, College Park (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Ishida, H.: Complex manifolds with maximal torus actions. J. Reine Angew. Math. (2016). https://doi.org/10.1515/crelle-2016-0023
- 14.Kleiner, B.: Riemannian four-manifolds with nonnegative curvature and continuous symmetry. PhD thesis, U.C. Berkeley (1989)Google Scholar
- 18.Neumann, W.D.: 3-dimensional \(G\)-manifolds with 2-dimensional orbits. In: Proc. Conf. on Transformation Groups (New Orleans, LA, 1967), pp. 220–222. Springer, New York (1968)Google Scholar
- 21.Perelman, G.: The entropy formula for the Ricci Flow and its geometric applications (2002). arXiv:math.DG/0211159
- 22.Perelman, G.: Ricci Flow with surgery on three-manifolds (2003). arXiv:math.DG/0303109
- 23.Perelman, G.: Finite extinction time for the solutions to the Ricci flow on certain three-manifolds (2003). arXiv:math.DG/0307245
- 26.Spindeler, W.: \(S^1\)-actions on \(4\)-manifolds and fixed point homogeneous manifolds of nonnegative curvature. PhD Thesis, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster (2014)Google Scholar
- 30.Zhubr, A.V.: A decomposition theorem for simply connected \(6\)-manifolds. LOMI Sem. Notes 36, 40–49 (1973) (Russian)Google Scholar