Global existence and decay of solutions of a singular nonlocal viscoelastic system
In this work, we consider a singular one-dimensional viscoelastic system with a nonlinear source term and nonlocal boundary condition. By using the potential well theory we obtain the existence of a global solution. Then, we prove the general decay result, by constructing Lyapunov functional and using the perturbed energy method.
KeywordsViscoelastic equations Global existence General decay
Mathematics Subject Classification35L35 35L20
The authors would like to thank the anonymous referees and the handling editor for their careful reading and for relevant remarks/suggestions which helped them to improve the paper.
- 8.Ionkin, N.I.: Solution of boundary value problem in heat conduction theory with nonclassical boundary conditions. Differ. Uravn. 13(2), 1177–1182 (1977)Google Scholar
- 10.Kamynin, L. I.: A boundary-value problem in the theory of heat conduction with non-classical boundary conditions. (Russian) Ž. Vyč isl. Mat. i Mat. Fiz. 4, 1006–1024 (1964)Google Scholar
- 22.Pulkina, L.S.: A nonlocal problem with integral conditions for hyperbolic equations. Electron. J. Differ. Eq. 45, 1–6 (1999)Google Scholar
- 24.Shi, P., Shilor, M.: Design of Contact Patterns in One Dimensional Thermoelasticity, in Theoretical Aspects of Industrial Design. SIAM, Philadelphia (1992)Google Scholar
- 27.Yurchuk, N.I.: Mixed problem with an integral condition for certain parabolic equations. Differ. Uravn. 22(19), 2117–2126 (1986)Google Scholar
- 30.Boulaaras, S., Ghfaifia, S. Kabli: An asymptotic behavior of positive solutions for a new class of elliptic systems involving of (p(x),q(x))-Laplacian systems. Bol. Soc. Mat. Mex. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40590-017-0184-4