Chaos analysis of discharge current based on tracking test of phenolic resin
- 41 Downloads
In tracking test, discharge is a complicated process and comparative tracking index (CTI) has wide variation. To evaluate tracking resistance, the chaos analysis of discharge current is presented based on the tracking test of phenolic resin in accordance with IEC60112. According to the characteristics of statistical self-similarity and complexity of discharge current, the largest Lyapunov exponent is calculated, and the 2-dimensional attractor of discharge current is reconstructed. Moreover, the attractors of discharge current and recurrence plots of different discharge states are reconstructed. The results indicate that the chaos attractors have different characteristics in evolutionary tracks, the topological structure and grain direction of recurrence plots show significant differences. The chaos attractor can describe the tracking process, the recurrence plot can identify the tracking state clearly, while its arithmetic is simple.
Keywordsphenolic resin tracking failure chaos theory chaos attractor recurrence plot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Du Boxue. Research and development of test method on tracking resistance of polymer insulating materials[J]. High Voltage Engineering, 2005, 31(5): 10–13(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Du Boxue, Ma Li. Environmental factors affecting resistance to tracking of polymeric insulating materials[J]. High Voltage Engineering, 2005, 31(1): 12–13(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- IEC Publ. 60112. Method for the Determination of the Proof and the Comparative Tracking Indices of Solid Insulating Materials[S]. 4th edition. 2003.Google Scholar
- IEC Publ. 112. Recommended Method for Determining the Comparative Tracking Index of Solid Insulating Materials Under Moist Conditions[S]. 2nd edition, 1971.Google Scholar
- IEC Publ. 112. Method for Determining the Comparative and the Proof Tracking Indices of Solid Insulating Material Under Moist Conditions[S]. 3rd edition, 1979.Google Scholar
- The Japan Society of Plastics Technology. Summary Report on Study in the Testing Method for Tracking Resistance of Plastic Insulating Materials[R]. 1985.Google Scholar