Winding strategy of driving cable based on dynamic analysis of deployment for deployable antennas
- 7 Downloads
An optimization method for the winding strategy of the driving cable is proposed based on a dynamic analysis of the AstroMesh antenna deployment. First, considering the effects of the cable net and friction, the driving force for deployment is deduced according to energy conservation. Thereafter, an optimization model is constructed, with the objective of minimum deployment driving power, using design variables consisting of control parameters of the winding length curve of the driving cable; this curve is described by the Bezier curve. Moreover, corresponding to the winding process of the driving cable before and after optimization, deployment experiments for a 2-m aperture deployable antenna prototype are conducted. Finally, the validity and rationality of the optimization method are verified by comparing the simulation and experimental results.
KeywordsAstroMesh antenna Driving force Dynamic analysis Winding strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China with No.51775404 & U1637207, Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities with No. JB180410, and the Shanghai Aerospace Science and Technology Innovation Fund.
- M. W. Thomson, The AstroMesh deployable reflector, Antennas and propagation Society, IEEE Int. Symp, 3 (1999) 1516–1519.Google Scholar
- Y. Li and L. Wang, Light-weight technique for direct driving permanent magnet servo motors used in aerospace, Electric Machines and Control, 19 (8) (2015) 41–46.Google Scholar
- T. J. Li, Y. Q. Zhang and B. Y. Duan, Deployment kinematic analysis and control of hoop truss deployable antenna, Journal of Xidian University, 34 (6) (2007) 916–921.Google Scholar
- T. J. Li, Y. Zhang and T. Li, Deployment dynamic analysis and control of hoop truss deployable antenna, Acta Aeronau Tica et Astronau Tica Sinica, 30 (3) (2009) 444–449.Google Scholar
- Y. Q. Zhang, Integrated Design with Structural and Control System for the Flexible Deployable Space Antenna, Xidian Univ. (2013).Google Scholar
- Y. Q. Zhang, B. Y. Duan and T. J. Li, A controlled deployment method for deployable flexible space antennas, Acta Aerospace, 81 (1) (2012) 19–29.Google Scholar
- M. L. Zhao and F. L. Guan, Deployment dynamic analysis of circular truss deployable antenna with friction, Chinese Journal of Space Science, 734 (11) (2006) 609–612.Google Scholar
- W. R. Ru, Y. Q. Zhang and B. Y. Duan, A cable-net tension analysis method during deployment for hoop truss deployable antennas, Space Electronic Technology, 5 (2015) 1–7.Google Scholar