Probabilistic fatigue-creep life reliability assessment of aircraft turbine disk
- 11 Downloads
Life consumption is one of the serious concerns for turbine disk performance and maintenance cost. The low cycle fatigue of turbine disk coming from the creep and their interaction has a direct influence on life and reliability of an aero engine. So, in this paper, the finite element analysis fatigue creep on Nickel base super alloy GH4133 turbine disk at 650 °C is computed based on the material properties, load and performance parameter of the low cycle fatigue as a random factor. The LCF Manson coffin model for cycles to failure (Nf ) and Larson Miller (Nc) are calculated. Damage fraction summation is used to calculate the low cycle fatigue creep life and fitted by two parameter Weibull distribution. Therefore, Monte Carlo simulation is used in random sampling from two parameter Weibull distribution to estimate the reliability assessment of turbine disk.
KeywordsTurbine disk Finite element analysis Fatigue creep life prediction Reliability analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. F. Harrison and W. J. Evans, A review of fatigue assessment procedures for aeroengine fracture critical components, Journal of the Engineering Integrity Society (2000).Google Scholar
- Z. Z. Song, Aero engine reliability and fault control engineering, Beijing: Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2002).Google Scholar
- W. G. Wang, Research on prediction model for disk LCF life and experiment assessment methodology, Nanjing: Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2006).Google Scholar
- S. P. Zhu, Research on hybrid probabilistic physics of failure modeling and fatigue life estimation of high–temperature structures, Chengdu: University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (2011).Google Scholar
- K. N. Smith, P. Watson and T. H. Topper, A stress–strain function for the fatigue of metals, Journal of Materials, 5 (4) (1970) 767–768.Google Scholar
- M. A. Miner, Cumulative damage in fatigue, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 12 (3) (1945) 159–164.Google Scholar
- M. Filippini, Creep–fatigue at high temperature of notched single crystal superalloys, ASTM Spec. Tech. Publ., 1539 (6) STP (2011) 348–374.Google Scholar
- T. Aven, On the practical implementation of the Bayesian paradigm in reliability and risk analysis, London: World Scientific (2015).Google Scholar
- H. Rinne, The Weibull distribution a handbook, Crc Press Boca Raton Fl, 9 (3) (2008) 27–97.Google Scholar