A direct-integration-based structural reliability analysis method using non-probabilistic convex model
- 5 Downloads
In practical structural reliability analysis, there is not only random uncertainty but also fuzzy uncertainty. Aiming at the fuzzy reliability of structure, a novel fuzzy reliability method is proposed based on direct integration method and ellipsoidal convex model. Firstly, the decomposition of fuzzy mathematics principle is used to convert fuzzy reliability model into non-probabilistic reliability model, in which fuzzy variables are converted into interval variables. The upper and lower bounds of interval variables are determined by the possibility distribution function on the membership value. Secondly, multidimensional ellipsoid convex models are constructed to quantify the uncertainty because of the complexity of non-probabilistic reliability. Finally, sigmoid function with adjustable parameter is introduced to direct integration method for approximating the step function, and then direct integration method is used to solve the fuzzy reliability. Numerical examples are investigated to demonstrate the effectiveness of the present method, which provides a feasible way for the structural fuzzy reliability analysis.
KeywordsFuzzy variable Ellipsoid convex Interval variable Sigmoid function Direct integration method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. G. Dong, X. Z. Chen, X. D. Zhao and Z. W. Quan, A general approach for fuzzy reliability analysis based on the fuzzy probability theory, Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, 22 (2013) 281–286.Google Scholar
- H. Chen and X. Lou, A new fuzzy parameters reliability analysis model, International Conference on Broadcast Technology and Multimedia Communication (2010) 741–746.Google Scholar
- A. Hai, W. An and Z. Ling, Fuzzy reliability analysis based on probability density function equivalent, Acta Aeronautica Et Astronautica Sinica, 30 (5) (2009) 886–894.Google Scholar
- G. T. Zhao, Y. G. Dong and Z. Y. Song, Random reliability analysis based on the fuzzy theory, Journal of Hefei University of Technology, 33 (2) (2010) 249–253.Google Scholar
- S. Guo, Z. Lv and L. Feng, A fuzzy reliability approach for structures in the possibility context, Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, 19 (1) (2002) 89–93.Google Scholar
- Y. I. Ping, Discussions on reliability measure for problems with bounded–but–unknown uncertainties, Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, 23 (2) (2006) 152–156.Google Scholar
- X. F. Zhang, Y. Zhao and H. L. Shi, Study of structural nonprobabilistic measure based on convex model, Journal of Mechanical Strength, 29 (4) (2007) 589–592.Google Scholar
- S. X. Guo, L. Zhang and Y. Li, A solving method for nonprobabilistic reliability index of structures, Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, 22 (2) (2005) 227–231.Google Scholar
- H. Z. Huang, C. G. Huang, Z. Peng, Y. F. Li and H. Yin, Fatigue life prediction of fan blade using nominal stress method and cumulative fatigue damage theory, International Journal of Turbo & Jet Engines, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/tjj–2017–0015.Google Scholar
- S. R. Yu, Y. H. Yin and B. Xu, Analysis of the randomfuzzy reliability based on the information entropy theory, Journal of Mechanical Strength, 28 (5) (2006) 695–698.Google Scholar