Improved Social Emotion Optimization Algorithm for Short-Term Traffic Flow Forecasting Based on Back-Propagation Neural Network
- 2 Downloads
The back-propagation neural network (BPNN) is a well-known multi-layer feed-forward neural network which is trained by the error reverse propagation algorithm. It is very suitable for the complex of short-term traffic flow forecasting; however, BPNN is easy to fall into local optimum and slow convergence. In order to overcome these deficiencies, a new approach called social emotion optimization algorithm (SEOA) is proposed in this paper to optimize the linked weights and thresholds of BPNN. Each individual in SEOA represents a BPNN. The availability of the proposed forecasting models is proved with the actual traffic flow data of the 2nd Ring Road of Beijing. Experiment of results show that the forecasting accuracy of SEOA is improved obviously as compared with the accuracy of particle swarm optimization back-propagation (PSOBP) and simulated annealing particle swarm optimization back-propagation (SAPSOBP) models. Furthermore, since SEOA does not respond to the negative feedback information, Metropolis rule is proposed to give consideration to both positive and negative feedback information and diversify the adjustment methods. The modified BPNN model, in comparison with social emotion optimization back-propagation (SEOBP) model, is more advantageous to search the global optimal solution. The accuracy of Metropolis rule social emotion optimization back-propagation (MRSEOBP) model is improved about 19.54% as compared with that of SEOBP model in predicting the dramatically changing data.
Key wordsurban traffic short-term traffic flow forecasting social emotion optimization algorithm (SEOA) back-propagation neural network (BPNN) Metropolis rule
CLC numberTP 183
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HUWB, YAN L P, LIU K Z, et al. A short-term traffic flow forecasting method based on the hybrid PSO-SVR [J]. Neural Processing Letters, 2015, 43: 155–172.Google Scholar
- SMITH B L, DEMETSKY M J. Short-term traffic flow prediction models-a comparison of neural network and nonparametric regression approaches [C]//Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. IEEE: [s.n.], 1994: 1706–1709.Google Scholar
- CHAN Y K, DILLON T S. Traffic flow prediction using orthogonal arrays and Takagi-Sugeno neural fuzzy models [C]//Proceedings of IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks. Beijing, China: IEEE, 2014: 35–41.Google Scholar
- TONG G, FAN C L, CUI F Y, et al. Fuzzy neural network model applied in the traffic flow prediction [C]//Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Information Acquisition. Weihai, China: IEEE, 2006: 1229–1233.Google Scholar
- CHENG W, FENG P. Network traffic prediction algorithm research based on PSO-BP neural network [C]//Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Systems Research and Mechatronics Engineering. [s.l.]: Atlantis Press, 2015: 1239–1243.Google Scholar
- CUI Z H, CAI X J. Using social cognitive optimization algorithm to solve nonlinear equations [C]//Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics. Beijing, China: IEEE, 2010: 199–203.Google Scholar
- XU Y C, CUI Z H, ZENG J C. Social emotional optimization algorithm for nonlinear constrained optimization problems [C]//Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Swarm, Evolutionary, and Memetic Computing. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2011: 583–590.Google Scholar
- FANG J Y. Hybrid group search optimization algorithm and its application research [D]. Taiyuan, China: Department of Computer Science and Technology, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, 2010 (in Chinese).Google Scholar