Calculation Method of Wave Forces on Large Round-Ended Caisson Foundation
- 7 Downloads
This paper presents an analytical formula for estimating the longitudinal wave forces on a large roundended caisson foundation. The establishment of the formula is based on the superposition of the theoretical formula of wave forces on a large circular cylinder and the empirical formula of wave forces on a large rectangular cylinder. With the formula transformed into an inertial force form, a specific inertia coefficient with an exact expression is extracted from the formula. The numerical calculations of the wave forces on round-ended cylinders are carried out by the boundary-element method. The undetermined coefficients in the expression of the inertial coefficient are determined by the numerical results. It is obvious that the numerical values can be well expressed by the computation values from the established formula. By a model experiment carried out in laboratory wave flume, the correctness of the analytical formula is further verified by the measured wave forces on a test model of a round-ended bridge caisson foundation. The comparison shows that the experimental forces can be approximately estimated by this simple calculation method.
Key wordsformula wave forces round-ended caisson foundation numerical model experiment verification
CLC numberU 441
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- MORISON J R, O’BRIEN M P, JOHNSON J W, et al. The force exerted by surface waves on piles [J]. Petroleum Transactions, AIME, 1950, 189: 149–154.Google Scholar
- MACCAMY R C, FUCHS R A. Wave forces on piles: A diffraction theory [M]. Washington DC: US Army Beach Erosion Board, 1954: 1–17.Google Scholar
- FARACI C, LIU Y. Analysis of wave forces acting on combined caissons with inner slope rubble mound [C]//Proceedings of 34th Conference on Coastal Engineering. [s.l.]: Coastal Engineering Research Council of the COPRI of the American Society of Civil Engineers, 2014: 1–9.Google Scholar
- HAYATDAVOODI M, SEIFFERT B, ERTEKIN R C. Experiments and computations of solitary-wave forces on a coastal-bridge deck. Part II: Deck with girders [J]. Coastal Engineering, 2014, 88: 210–228.Google Scholar
- LAN Y M, LIU H, HUANG F X, et al. Experimental studies on hydrodynamic loads on piles and slab of Donghai Bridge. Part II: Hydrodynamic forces on pile array and slab in wave-current combinations [J]. Journal of Hydrodynamics, 2005, 20(3): 332–339 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- CCCC First Harboar Consultants Co., Ltd. Code of hydrology for harbour and waterway: JTS 145–2015 [S]. Beijing, China: China Communications Press, 2015 (in Chinese).Google Scholar