Evaluation and optimization of intersection process between voxelized mesh models and homocentric spheres
- 52 Downloads
In the field of 3D model matching and retrieval, an effective method for feature extraction is spherical harmonic or its mutations, and is acted on the spherical images. But the obtainment of spherical images from 3D models is very time-consuming, which greatly restrains the responding speed of such systems. In this paper, we propose a quantitative evaluation of the whole process and give a detailed two-sided analysis based on the comparative size between pixels and voxels. The experiments show that the resultant optimized parameters are fit for the practical application and exhibit a satisfactory performance.
Key wordsintersection spherical image voxelized model optimization
CLC numberTP 391.3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Funkhouser T. Princeton 3D model search engine [EB/OL]. (2010-05-05). http://shape.cs.princeton.edu/search.html.
- Ouhyoung M. 3D model retrieval system based on lightfield [EB/OL]. (2010-05-05). http://3d.csie.ntu.edu.tw.
- Remco V. Geometry, imaging and virtual environments [EB/OL]. (2010-05-05). http://www.cs.uu.nl/centers/give/multimedia.
- Vranic D V, Saupe D, Richter J. Tools for 3D object retrieval: Karhunen-Loeve transform and spherical harmonics [C]//Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE 4th Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. Cannes: IEEE, 2001: 293–298.Google Scholar
- Michael K, Funkhouser T, Rusinkiewicz S. Rotation invariant spherical harmonic representation of 3D shape descriptors [C]//Proceedings of the Eurographics/ACM Siggraph Symposium on Geometry Processing. Aaxhen: ACM Press, 2003: 156–164.Google Scholar
- Hu Bing, Fei Yao-ping, Li Ming. 3D model retrieval based on spherical harmonics [J]. Journal of Chinese Computer Systems, 2009, 30(1): 130–134 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhang Zhi-yong, Yang Bo-lin. A 3D model similarity matching algorithm based on spherical harmonics descriptor [J]. Journal of Image and Graphics, 2007, 12(3): 541–545 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Liu Yue-jie, Li Zong-ming, Li Hua. Spherical harmonic representation of extended distance feature for 3D model retrieval [J]. Journal of Computer-Aided Design and Graphics, 2006, 18(11): 1671–1676 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kaufman A, Shimony E. 3D scan-conversion algorithms for voxel-based graphics [C]//Proceedings of the ACM Workshop on Interactive 3D Graphics. New York: ACM Press, 1986: 45–76.Google Scholar
- Kaufman A. An algorithm for 3D scan-conversion of polygons [C]//Proceedings of the 1987 Eurographics. Amsterdam: John Wiley and Sons Press, 1987: 197–208.Google Scholar
- David K. Graphics gems III [M]. California: Ap Professional Press, 1995.Google Scholar