Voxelizating 3D mesh models with gray levels
- 50 Downloads
A novel algorithm to voxelize 3D mesh models with gray levels is presented in this paper. The key innovation of our method is to decide the gray level of a voxel according to the total area of all surfaces contained by it. During the preprocessing stage, a set of voxels in the extended bounding box of each triangle is established. Then we travel each triangle and compute the areas between it and its set of voxels one by one. Finally, each voxel is arranged a discrete gray level from 0 to 255. Experiments show that our algorithm gets a comparatively perfect result compared with the prevenient ones and approaches the original models in a more accurate way.
Key wordsvoxelization gray levels intersectant area 3D model
CLC numberTP 391
- Vranic V, Saupe D. 3D shape descriptor based on 3D Fourier transform [C]//Proceedings of the EURASIP Conference on Digital Signal Processing for Multimedia Communications and Services. Budapest: IEEE Press, 2001: 271–274.Google Scholar
- Kaufman A, Shimony E. 3D scan-conversion algorithms for voxel-based graphics [C]//Proceeding of ACM Workshop on Interactive 3D Graphics. Chapel Hill: ACM Press, 1986: 45–76.Google Scholar
- Wu X, Liu W, Wang T. Octree structure based voxelization of polygonal meshes [J]. Journey of Engineering Graphics, 2005, 26(4): 1–7.Google Scholar
- David B, Sean M, Ross W. 3D scan conversion of CSG models into distance volumes [C]//Proceedings of Symposium on Volume Visualization. Seattle: ACM Press, 1998: 7–14.Google Scholar
- Voorhies D. Triangle-cube intersection [C]// Graphics Gems III. [s.l.]: Academic Press, 1992: 236–239.Google Scholar
- Green D, Hatch D. Fast polygon-cube intersection testing [C]// Graphics Gems V. [s.l.]: Academic Press, 1995: 375–379.Google Scholar
- Michael G. QSlim simplification[EB/OL]. [2004-01-01]. http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/garland/software/qslim.html.