Approximation of derivative in a system of singularly perturbed convection-diffusion equations
- 94 Downloads
In this paper, a numerical method for a weakly coupled system of two singularly perturbed convection-diffusion second order ordinary differential equations with a small parameter multiplying the highest derivative is presented. Parameter-uniform error bounds for the numerical solution and also to numerical derivative are established. Numerical results are provided to illustrate the theoretical results.
KeywordsSystem Singular perturbation problems Piecewise uniform meshes Scaled derivative Scaled discrete derivative
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)65L10 G1.7
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Linß, T.: Analysis of an upwind finite difference scheme for a system of coupled singularly perturbed convection-diffusion equations. Preprint MATH- NM-08-2006, TU Dresden, July (2006) Google Scholar
- 10.Linß, T.: On system of singularly perturbed reaction-convection-diffusion equations. Preprint MATH- NM-10-2006, TU Dresden, July (2006) Google Scholar
- 14.Mythili Priyadharshini, R., Ramanujam, N.: Approximation of derivative to a singularly perturbed second-order ordinary differential equation with discontinuous convection coefficient using hybrid difference scheme. Int. J. Comput. Math. (to appear) Google Scholar
- 15.Mythili Priyadharshini, R., Ramanujam, N.: Approximation of derivative for a singularly perturbed second-order ordinary differential equation of Robin type with discontinuous convection coefficient and source term. Numer. Math. Theory Methods Appl. (to appear) Google Scholar
- 19.Valarmathi, S., Ramanujam, N.: A computational method for solving boundary value problems for singularly perturbed third-order ordinary differential equations. Int. J. Comput. Math. 81(1–2) (2001) Google Scholar