Solid Phase Extraction Combined Direct Spectrophotometric Determination of Brilliant Blue in Food Using β-Cyclodextrin Polymer
- 177 Downloads
A new and sensitive solid phase extraction (SPE) combined direct spectrophotometry for determination of brilliant blue (BB) in food has been developed, in which β-cyclodextrin polymer (β-CDP) is used as a SPE adsorbent to extract BB from aqueous solutions to form a solid supramolecular complex with a 1:3 molar ratio of BB to β-CDP, and BB in β-CDP was directly determined by a solid phase spectrophotometry. SPE conditions were pH 7.0, temperature 20 °C, ionic strength 0.1 mol/l, and shaking time 40 min. The calibration curve is linearity in the concentration range of 0.05–12.0 μg/ml. The proposed method was applied to the determination of BB in food samples at 627 nm maximum absorption wavelength with satisfactory results.
KeywordsSolid Phase Extraction Solid Phase Spectrophotometry β-Cyclodextrin Polymer (β-CDP) Brilliant Blue Food Samples
The authors hope to acknowledge the Key Scientific and Technologic Support Foundation of Tianjin and the Natural Science Foundation of China for financial supports.
- Jing Y, Zhao MM, Liu TX (2004) Shipin Gongye Keji 25:116–117Google Scholar
- Kapor MA, Yamanaka H, Carneiro PA, Zanoni MVB (2001) Ecletica Quimica 26:53–68Google Scholar
- Kara D (2005) Asian J Chem 17:743–754Google Scholar
- Moffat D (2006) Natural Health Techniques Monthly Newsletter, vol. 2, no. 9, http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/newsletter/Sept06_files/Sept06.htm
- Tong LH (2001) Cyclodextrin chemistry—theory and application. Science Press, Beijing, pp 163–176Google Scholar
- Zou JH, Chen WD, Shao JD (2001) Chin J Anal Chem 29:1192–1195Google Scholar