Cape Town’s Model C schools: Desegregated and desegregating spaces?
- 188 Downloads
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baxter, L.M. 1996. History, Identity and Meaning: Cape Town’s Coon Carnival in the 1960s and 1970s. Unpublished Masters thesis, Department of History, University of Cape Town, Cape Town.Google Scholar
- Boal, F.W. 1978. Ethnic Residential Segregation. Herbert, D.T. and Johnson, R.J. (eds.), Social Areas in Cities. John Wiley and Sons: New York:57–96.Google Scholar
- Bourdieu, P. 1977. Cultural Reproduction and Social Reproduction. Karabel, J. and Halsey, A.H. (eds.), Power and Ideology in Education. Oxford University Press: New York:487–511.Google Scholar
- Christopher, A.J. 2001. Urban Segregation in Post-Apartheid South Africa. Urban Studies 38(3):449–466.Google Scholar
- Cross, M. and Mkwanazi-Twala, Z. 1998. The Dialectic of Unity and Diversity in Education: Its Implications for a National Curriculum in South Africa. Cross, M., Mkwanazi-Twala, Z. and Klein, G. (eds.) Dealing with Diversity in South African Education. Juta: Kenwyn:3–34.Google Scholar
- Davies, R.J. 1981. The Spatial Formation of the South African City. GeoJournal supplementary issue 2:59–72.Google Scholar
- Jensen, S. and Turner, S. 1996. A Place called Heideveld: Identities and strategies among Coloureds in Cape Town. South Africa Research Report No. 112, Department of Geography and International Development Studies, Roskilde University, Denmark.Google Scholar
- Kieswetter, A. 1995. Code Switching Amongst African High School Students. Occasional Papers in African Linguistics No. 1. University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.Google Scholar
- Martin, D-C. 1999. Coon Carnival: New Year in Cape Town, Past to Present. David Philip: Cape Town.Google Scholar
- Newsum, H. E. 1990. Class, Language and Education: Class Struggle and Sociolinguistics in an African Situation. African World Press: Trenton, NJ.Google Scholar
- Schnell, I. 2002. Segregation in Everyday Life Spaces: A Conceptual Model. Schnell, I. and Ostendorf, W. (eds.), Studies in Segregation and Desegregation. Ashgate: Aldershot:39–65.Google Scholar
- Soja, E.W. 1989. Postmodern Geographies: The Reassertion of Space in Critical Social Theory. Verso: London.Google Scholar
© Springer SBM 2004