Sequence-specific 1H, 13C and 15N NMR assignments of Cyclophilin A like protein from Piriformospora indica involved in salt stress tolerance
- 312 Downloads
Cyclophilins are omnipresent proteins found in eukaryotes and prokaryotes, with presence in cytoplasm as well as in nucleus. Primary role of Cyclophilins is of peptidyl-prolyl cis–trans isomerase, a molecular chaperon action. Here, we report sequence-specific 1H, 13C and 15N resonance assignments for a Cyclophilin A like protein from Piriformospora indica. This protein is up-regulated during salt stress conditions.
KeywordsPiriformospora indica Salt stress Cyclophilin A
This study is supported by grants to NT and NSB from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and ICGEB core funds. We thank Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India for providing financial support for the 500 MHz and 700 MHz NMR spectrometers at the ICGEB, New Delhi and NII, New Delhi. We thank Prof. Virander S. Chauhan for his interest and support in establishing the NMR facility. DKT is a recipient of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) junior research fellowship. HB is a recipient of Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) senior research fellowship.
- Das A, Kamal S, Shakil NA, Sherameti I, Oelmüller R, Dua M, Tuteja N, Johri AK, Varma A (2012) The root endophyte fungus Piriformospora indica leads to early flowering, higher biomass and altered secondary metabolites of the medicinal plant, Coleus forskohlii. Plant Signal Behav 7:103–112Google Scholar
- Davis TL, Walker JR, Campagna-Slater V, Finerty PJ Jr, Paramanathan R, Bernstein G, MacKenzie F, Tempel W, Ouyang H, Lee WH, Eisenmesser EZ, Dhe-Paganon S (2010) Structural and biochemical characterization of the human cyclophilin family of peptidyl-prolyl isomerases. PLoS Biol 8:e1000439CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Keller R (2004) The computer aided resonance assignment tutorial, 1st edn. CANTINA Verlag. ISBN 3-85600-112-3Google Scholar
- Tuteja N (2007) Mechanisms of high salinity tolerance in plants. Meth Enzymol 428:419–438Google Scholar
- Waller F, Achatz B, Baltruschat H, Fodor J, Becker K, Fischer M, Heier T, Hückelhoven R, Neumann C, Wettstein DV, Franken P, Kogel K (2005) The endophytic fungus Piriformospora indica reprograms barley to salt-stress tolerance, disease resistance, and higher yield. PNAS 102:13386–13391ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar