Time delay estimation algorithm based on virtual Array and MUSIC for single sensor system
- 1 Downloads
Aiming at improving time delay estimation (TDE) in the case of single sensor, a novel method of constructing virtual sensor array is presented, and furthermore the MUSIC delay estimation algorithm based on the virtual array is proposed. The approach and complete procedure of the algorithm are given. The relationship between the number of virtual array elements and the constructed signal is studied, and the method of determining the minimum number of elements under the condition of estimation time delay accurately is given. The simulation experiments of the presented algorithm have been carried out from three angles of view. The least virtual array elements and the minimum subspace dimensions needed in this algorithm is verified. We obtained the performance of time delay estimated by the algorithm under sparse path and dense path conditions respectively. This paper also illustrated the high precision and high-resolution characteristics of the proposed method.
KeywordsVirtual Array Time delay estimation algorithm Multiple signal classification Single sensor
This paper partially aided by Shandong Province Young Scientist Foundation (BS2012DX034), China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2012 M521361), Shandong Province Natural Science Foundation (ZR2012EEM021), Project of Shandong Province Higher Educational Science and Technology Program (J13LN17), SDUST Research Fund (2010KYTD101), and Project of South Africa/China Research Collaboration in Science and Technology (2012DFG71060).
- 1.Knapp CH, Carter GC (1976) The generalized correlation method for estimation of time delay [J]. IEEETrans ASSP-24(4):320–327Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou Y, Zhong L, Cai H et al (2017) White light scanning interferometry based on generalized cross-correlation time delay estimation[J]. IEEE Photonics J 9(5):1–11Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang Q (2017) Zhang L. an improved delay algorithm based on generalized cross correlation[C]. information technology and mechatronics engineering conference. IEEE:395–399Google Scholar
- 8.Liu WH, Wang YY, Wang B (2009) Adaptive time delay estimation based on least mean square sigmoid error with the presence of impulsive noises[J]. Journal of Dalian Maritime University 35(2):47–50Google Scholar
- 9.Ge F X, Shen D, Peng Y, et al. (2004) Super-resolution time delay estimation in multipath environments[C]. Wireless Communications and NETWORKING Conference. WCNC. IEEE, 2004:1121–1126Google Scholar
- 10.Gao Y, Xue J, Chang Y, et al. (2017) An MDL-MUSIC joint time delay estimation method for LTE PRS[C]. international symposium on Wireless communication Systems. IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 12.Leng W, Wang G (2010) False peak restraint of DOA estimation using element adjustment and virtual array transformation[C]. IEEE ICWITS IEEE:1–4Google Scholar
- 14.Varma K, Ikuma T, Beex A A. (2002) Robust TDE-based DOA estimation for compact audio arrays[C]. Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop Proceedings. IEEE, 214–218Google Scholar
- 15.Guibo ZHANG (2013) Peng, et al. wideband direction of arrival estimation with linear Array: analysis and closed-form formulae[J]. Chin J Electron 22(4):779–783Google Scholar
- 22.Fan Di, Study on signal processing technology and their applications in ultrasonic detection of sediments thickness, Shandong University of Science and Technology(SDUST), China, 2010.6Google Scholar
- 23.Lv Changzhi, Li Weikuo, Song Jun, Fan Di, Lu Xiushan (2016) Optimization Design of low Power Consumption Kalman Filter Based on field programmable gate Array. J Nanoelectron Optoelectron,11(6):677–684Google Scholar