The Correlation Analysis Between the Spatial Hearing Questionnaire (SHQ) and the Psychophysical Measurement of Spatial Hearing
- 1 Downloads
The aim of the present study was examining the relationship between a psychophysical spatial hearing test (spatial word in noise test) and Spatial Hearing Questionnaire. Sixty-six adults (18–40 years old) were divided in three groups: normal subjects, subjects with mild and moderate hearing loss. Spatial word in noise test and Persian version of the spatial hearing questionnaire were evaluated and compared among these groups. According to Pearson’s test, there was a significant positive correlation between the scores of spatial word in noise test and Persian version of the Spatial Hearing Questionnaire in three groups (r = 0.64–0.89). Hearing loss can deteriorate spatial hearing ability. Both objective and subjective spatial hearing tests are shown to be effective in detecting spatial hearing disorder.
KeywordsSpatial hearing Speech-in-noise perception Questionnaire Hearing loss
We would like to thank all the individuals who participated in this study.
This paper is extracted from a research project approved by the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Research Center, Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences (Grant Numbers PHT-9621). We would like to thank all the individuals who participated in this study.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Lotfi Y, Moosavi A, Abdollahi FZ, Bakhshi E (2018) Auditory lateralization training effects on binaural interaction component of middle latency response in children suspected to central auditory processing disorder. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2018:1–5Google Scholar
- 3.Moossavi A, Abdollahi FZ, Lotfi Y (2017) Spatial auditory processing in children with central auditory processing disorder. Audit Vestib Res 26(2):56–63Google Scholar
- 7.Delphi M, Lotfi M-Y, Moossavi A, Bakhshi E, Banimostafa M (2017) Reliability of interaural time difference-based localization training in elderly individuals with speech-in-noise perception disorder. Iran J Med Sci 42(5):437Google Scholar
- 8.Shemesh R (2008) Psychoacoustic tests for central auditory processing: normative data. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 19(3–4):249–260Google Scholar
- 12.Delphi M, Abdolahi FZ, Tyler R, Bakhit M, Saki N, Nazeri AR (2015) Validity and reliability of the Persian version of spatial hearing questionnaire. Med J Islamic Repub Iran 29:231Google Scholar