Different control applications on a vehicle using fuzzy logic control
- 153 Downloads
In this paper, the active suspension control of a vehicle model that has five degrees of freedom with a passenger seat using a fuzzy logic controller is studied. Three cases are taken into account as different control applications. In the first case, the vehicle model having passive suspensions with an active passenger seat is controlled. In the second case, active suspensions with passive passenger seat combination are controlled. In the third case, both the passenger seat and suspensions have active controllers. Vibrations of the passenger seat in the three cases due to road bump input are simulated. At the end of the study, the results are compared in order to select the combination that supplies the best ride comfort.
KeywordsVehicle vibrations active suspensions fuzzy logic control vehicle model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hrovat D 1993 Applications of optimal control to advanced automotive suspension design. Transactions of ASME, 115: 328–342Google Scholar
- Hyniova K, Stribrsky A, Honcu J 2001 Fuzzy control of mechanical vibrating systems. Proceedings of International Carpathian Control Conference, Krakow, 393–398Google Scholar
- Kuo Y P, Li T H S 2000 A composite EP-based fuzzy controller for active suspension system. International J. Fuzzy Systems, 2(3): 183–190Google Scholar
- Sakman L E, Guclu R, Yagiz N 2005 Fuzzy logic control of vehicle suspensions with dry friction non-linearity. Sādhanā-Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 30(5): 649–659Google Scholar
- Yagiz N, Yuksek I 2001 Sliding mode control of active suspensions for a full vehicle model. Int. J. Vehicle Design, 26(2/3): 264–276Google Scholar
- Yagiz N, Guclu R, Yuksek I 2002 Fuzzy logic control of vehicle suspension systems for bumpy roads. The Journal of the Yildiz Technical University, 3: 75–82Google Scholar