Gilbert Stork: Organic Chemist and Teacher (1921–2017)
- 5 Downloads
Professor Gilbert Stork, the organic chemist and teacher par excellence, passed away on 21 October 2017. His departure marked the end of a hallowed era of classical organic synthesis. His extraordinary scholarship in organic chemistry, originality, and human qualities such as humility, kindness, warmth and concern for students, and humanity in general, sets him a class apart.
KeywordsStork enamine reaction organocatalysis vinyl radical cyclization triterpes steroids alkaloids reserpine quinine germine chirality transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F Hoffman, Gilbert Stork: A Celebration of 35 Years in Research and Teaching, Aldrichimica Acta, 15(1), pp.3–10, 1982.Google Scholar
- Heterocycles: Gilbert Stork’s Special Issue, Dedicated to Prof. Gilbert Stork on the Occasion of his 65th Birthday, Vol.25, No.1, 1987.Google Scholar
- S Danishefsky, C H Heathcock, Synlett: Special Issue Dedicated to Gilbert Stork, No.5, May 1995.Google Scholar
- E Nakamura, J DWinkler and V K Agarwal, Gilbert Stork (1921–2017), Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed., Vol.56, No.1, 2018.Google Scholar
- Derek Lowe, Gilbert Stork, 1921–2017, Blogs, Science Magazine, 24 October 2017, https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2017/10/24/gilbert-storkGoogle Scholar
- Obituary by Linda Wang, Gilbert Stork Dies at Age 95, Chemical & Engineering News, 25 October 2017}. https://cen.acs.org/articles/95/web/2017/10/Gilbert-Stork-dies-age-95.htmlGoogle Scholar