Dynamics and bifurcations of travelling wave solutions of R(m, n) equations
- 76 Downloads
By using the bifurcation theory and methods of planar dynamical systems to R(m, n) equations, the dynamical behavior of different physical structures like smooth and non-smooth solitary wave, kink wave, smooth and non-smooth periodic wave, and breaking wave is obtained. The qualitative change in the physical structures of these waves is shown to depend on the systemic parameters. Under different regions of parametric spaces, various sufficient conditions to guarantee the existence of the above waves are given. Moreover, some explicit exact parametric representations of travelling wave solutions are listed.
KeywordsR(m, n) equations solitary wave periodic wave breaking wave solitary cusp wave periodic cusp wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benjamin T B, Bona J L and Mahoney J J, Model equations for long waves in nonlinear dispersive media, Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London. A272 (1972) 47–78Google Scholar
- Boussinesq J, Théorie des ondes et des remous qui se propagent le long dun canal rectangulaire horizontal, en communiquant au liquide contenu dans ce canal des vitesses sensiblement pareilles de la surface au fond, J. Math. Pure. Appl. 17 (1872) 55–108Google Scholar
- Korteweg D J and de Vries G, On the change of form of long waves advancing in a rectangular canal and a new type of long stationary wave, Philos. Mag. 39 (1895) 422–443Google Scholar
- Li Y A, Olver P J and Rosenau P, Non-analytic solutions of nonlinear wave models, Technical Report 1591, at Institute of Mathematics and Applications, Minnesota (1998)Google Scholar
- Russell J S, On waves, in: Report of 14th Meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science, York (1844) pp. 311–390.Google Scholar
- Yan Z Y, New soliton solutions with compact support for a family of two-parameter regularized long-wave Boussinesq equations, Commun. Theor. Phys. (Beijing, China) 37 (2002) 641–644Google Scholar