Mayer’s convergence and thermodynamics of ideal Bose gas
- 1 Downloads
The equation of state for a collection of ideal bosons in both the low-density and high-density regions is found using the method of cluster expansion with a new generating function. The importance of the radius of convergence in the cluster expansion and its connection to the Bose–Einstein condensation phenomenon are studied. The radius of convergence of the partition function is calculated and the values of critical density, fugacity and other thermodynamic properties at condensation are obtained using Mayer’s convergence method.
KeywordsCluster expansion equation of state Bose–Einstein condensation radius of convergence
PACS Nos05.20.y 05.70.Ce 05.70.–a 05.70.Fh
T P Suresh wishes to acknowledge the University Grants Commission for the assistance given under the Faculty Development Programme.
- 2.A Einstein, Sitzber. Kgl. Preuss. Akad. Wiss. 1, 3 (1925)Google Scholar
- 5.C N Yang and T D Lee, Phys. Rev. 117, 4 (1960)Google Scholar
- 8.J E Mayer and M Goeppert Mayer, Statistical mechanics (Wiley, New York, 1946) pp. 277–294Google Scholar
- 12.K Huang, Statistical mechanics, 2nd Edn (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1987) pp. 278–293Google Scholar
- 14.A Isihara, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. 44 (1969)Google Scholar
- 15.M V Ushcats, L A Bulavin, V M Sysoev and S Yu Ushcats, Ukrain. J. Phys. 62, 533 (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.S Ushcats, M Ushcats, L Bulavin, O Svechnikova and I Mykheliev, Pramana – J. Phys. 91(3): 31 (2018)Google Scholar