Cluster decay analysis and related structure effects of fissionable heavy and superheavy nuclei
- 65 Downloads
Collective clusterization approach of dynamical cluster decay model (DCM) has been applied to study the attributes of hot (T ≠ 0) and rotating (ℓ ≠ 0) nuclei lying in heavy and superheavy mass regimes. We present here an overview of the characteristic fission decay properties such as shell effect, role of entrance channel, quadrupole (β 2) deformations and impact of hot (equatorial) compact orientation degree of freedom in comparison to cold (polar) elongated configuration. The presence of non-compound nucleus process, i.e., quasifission, is also investigated. Apart from studying the decay of excited state nuclei, the dynamics of heavy particle cluster emission is also addressed using the preformed cluster model (PCM).
KeywordsCollective clusterization deformations and orientations fission heavy and superheavy nuclei.
PACS Nos24.10.−i 25.70.Jj 25.70.Gh
Thanks are due to Prof. R K Gupta and Ph.D. students K Sandhu, M Kaur and G Sawhney for their valuable contributions in this work.
- M Kaur, R Kumar and M K Sharma, Phys. Rev. C 85, 014609 (2012) M Kaur and M K Sharma, Phys. Rev. C 85, 054605 (2012)Google Scholar
- M K Sharma, S Kanwar, G Sawhney and R K Gupta, Phys. Rev. C 85, 064602 (2012) M K Sharma, G Sawhney, R K Gupta and W Greiner, J. Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys. 38, 105101 (2011) G Sawhney, G Kaur, M K Sharma and R K Gupta, Phys. Rev. C 88, 034603 (2013)Google Scholar
- G Kaur and M K Sharma, Nucl. Phys. A 884, 36 (2012) G Kaur and M K Sharma, Phys. Rev. C 87, 044601 (2013)Google Scholar
- K Sandhu, M K Sharma and R K Gupta, Phys. Rev. C 86 064611 (2012) K Sandhu, G Kaur and M K Sharma, Nucl. Phys. A 921, 114 (2014)Google Scholar
- R K Gupta, in: Heavy elements and related new phenomena edited by W Greiner and R K Gupta (World Scientific, Singapore, 1999) Vol. II Chap. 18, p. 731Google Scholar
- J Maruhn and W Greiner, Z. Phys. 251, 431 (1972) M K Sharma, R K Gupta and W Scheid, J. Phys. G 26, L45 (2000)Google Scholar
- D N Poenaru, R A Gherghescu and W Greiner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 062503 (2011) D N Poenaru, R A Gherghescu and W Greiner, Phys. Rev. C 85, 034615 (2012)Google Scholar