The impact of BeamCal performance at different international linear collider beam parameters and crossing angles on \( \tilde \tau \) searches
- 32 Downloads
The ILC accelerator parameters and detector concepts are still under discussion in the world-wide community. As will be shown, the performance of the BeamCal, the calorimeter in the very forward area of the ILC detector, is very sensitive to the beam parameter and crossing angle choices. We propose here BeamCal designs for small (0 or 2 mrad) and large (20 mrad) crossing angles and report about the veto performance study done. As an illustration, the influence of several proposed beam parameter sets and crossing angles on the signal-to-background ratio in the stau search is estimated for a particular realization of the supersymmetric model.
KeywordsBeamCal electron veto two-photon background accelerator beam parameters crossing angle stau analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T Raubenheimer et al, Suggested ILC beam parameter range, available at http://wwwproject.slac.stanford.edu/ilc/acceldev/beamparameters.html
- FCAL Collaboration: W Lohmann et al, Instrumentation of the very forward region, PRC R&D 02/01Google Scholar
- A Seryi and B Parker, Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 8, 041001 (2005)Google Scholar
- P Bambade et al, Experimental implications for a linear collider of the SUSY dark matter scenario, hep-ph/0406010Google Scholar
- M Battaglia et al, Physics benchmarks for the ILC detectors, hep-ex/0603010Google Scholar
- D Schulte, Study of electromagnetic and hadronic background in the interaction region of the TESLA collider, TESLA 97-08, 1996Google Scholar
- Z Zhang, private communicationGoogle Scholar