The new generation of detector arrays require complex instrumentation and data acquisition system to ensure increased reliability of operation, high degree of integration, software control and faster data handling capability. The main features of some of the existing multi-detector arrays like MSU 4π array, Gammasphere and Eurogam are summarized. The instrumentation for the proposed INGA array in India is discussed.
KeywordsMulti-detector array electronics and data acquisition system
PACS Nos7.50.Ex 7.50.Qx 29.50.+v 84.30.Xk
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- www.nscl.msu.edu/userinfo/documents/4PIMAN.PSGoogle Scholar
- S Aiello et al, Nucl. Phys. A583, 461c (1985)Google Scholar
- VXIbus system specification, rev. 1.3 July 1989, authorised by VXIbus Consortium Inc.Google Scholar
- I Y Lee, Nucl. Phys. A520, 641c (1990)Google Scholar
- npsg.dl.ac.uk/Euroball/documents/edoc405/System-Archv-05.htmGoogle Scholar
- Nuclear structure studies at high spin using a National gamma detector array facility, Jan. 2001, report prepared for submission to DSTGoogle Scholar