A model with charges and polarizability for CS2 in an ionic liquid
- 134 Downloads
The environment of a solute molecule in an ionic liquid is likely to have large fluctuating electrostatic fields, and so the electrostatic properties of such a solute including its charge distribution and its polarizability may make a difference to both its static and dynamic properties. We have developed a new model for the static electrostatic distribution in the CS2 molecule with 7 charged sites and anisotropic polarizability on the carbon site and isotropic polarizability on the sulfurs. We have investigated static and dynamic properties of the neat liquid and solutions of CS2 in an ionic liquid, [dmim][NTf2].
KeywordsCS2 electrostatic model site polarizability model ionic liquid solutions.
This paper is dedicated to the memory of Charusita Chakravarty, a talented Theoretical Chemist and fine role model.
- 4.Xue L, Tamas G, Gurung E and Quitevis E L 2014 Probing the Iinterplay between electrostatic and dispersion interactions in the solvation of nonpolar nonaromatic solute molecules in ionic liquids: An OKE spectroscopic sStudy of CS2/[Cn C 1im][NTf2] mixtures (n = 1-4) J. Chem. Phys. 140 164512CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Lillestolen T C and Wheatley R 2009 Atomic charge densities generated using an iterative stockholder approach J. Chem. Phys. 131 (144101)Google Scholar
- 18.Gray C G and Gubbins K E 1984 In Theory of molecular fluids vol. 1: Fundamentals (Oxford: Oxford University Press)Google Scholar
- 19.Smith W, Forester T and Todorov I 2012 The DL_POLY classic user manual (STFC Daresbury Laboratory)Google Scholar
- 23.Allen M and Tildesley D 1991 Computer simulation of liquids 2nd ed. (New York: Oxford University Press)Google Scholar