Synthesis and antiulcer activity of 2-[5-substituted-1-H-benzo(d) imidazol-2-yl sulfinyl]methyl-3-substituted quinazoline-4-(3H) ones
- 115 Downloads
2-[5-substituted-1-H-benzo(d)imidazol-2-yl sulfinyl]methyl-3-substituted quinazoline-4-(3H)-one derivatives were synthesized and tested for antiulcer activity against pylorus ligation-induced, aspirin induced and ethanol induced ulcer in rat model. All the synthesized compounds were characterized by using IR, MS and 1H NMR spectral and elemental analysis. The compounds were scramed for their antiulcer activity: compounds 5k and 5n showed higher activity than omeprazole used as standard.
KeywordsSynthesis 4-quinazolinone benzimidazole antiulcer activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Robert S and McDonald I M 2003 Burger’s medicinal chemistry and drug discovery (New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons), 6th edn, pp 86–121Google Scholar
- 2.Parnham I J and Bruinvels J 1999 Proton pump inhibitors (Swizarland: Birkhauser) p. 7Google Scholar
- 4.Haryulu P V R, Dubey P K, Prasad Reddy P V V and Thatipally S 2008 ARKIVOC VI 104Google Scholar
- 7.Kulkarni Y D, Abdi S H R and Sharma V L 1984 J. Indian Chem. Soc. LXI 720Google Scholar
- 8.Pattan S R, KrishanaReddy V V, Manvi F V, Desai B G and Bhat A R 2006 Indian J. Chem. B45 1778Google Scholar