Stellar models with generalized pressure anisotropy
- 13 Downloads
New models for a charged anisotropic star in general relativity are found. We consider a linear equation of state consistent with a strange quark star. In our models a new form of measure of anisotropy is formulated; our choice is a generalization of other pressure anisotropies found in the past by other researchers. Our results generalize quark star models obtained from the Einstein–Maxwell equations. Well-known particular charged models are also regained. We indicate that relativistic stellar masses for several stars are obtained using the general mass function found in our model.
KeywordsEinstein–Maxwell equations equation of state relativistic stars
We are grateful to the University of Dodoma in Tanzania for the favourable environment and availability of facilities for research. SDM acknowledges that this work is based on research supported by the South African Research Chair Initiative of the Department of Science and Technology and the National Research Foundation.
- Malaver M., 2013a, World Applied Programming, 3, 309Google Scholar
- Malaver M., 2018, World Scientific News, 92, 327Google Scholar
- Rawls M. L., Orosz J. A., Mc Clintock J. E. 2011, Astrophys., J., 730, 25Google Scholar
- Sunzu J. M., Danford P. 2017, Pramana - J. Phys., 44, 89Google Scholar
- Sunzu J. M., Mahali K. 2018, Global Journal of Science Frontier Research, 18,19Google Scholar