Cosmology and Astrophysics using the Post-Reionization HI
- 59 Downloads
We discuss the prospects of using the redshifted 21-cm emission from neutral hydrogen in the post-reionization epoch to study our Universe. The main aim of the article is to highlight the efforts of Indian scientists in this area with the SKA in mind. It turns out that the intensity mapping surveys from SKA can be instrumental in obtaining tighter constraints on the dark energy models. Cross-correlation of the HI intensity maps with the Ly α forest data can also be useful in measuring the BAO scale.
KeywordsCosmology dark energy reionization.
- Bull, P., Camera, S., Raccanelli, A., Blake, C., Ferreira, P., Santos, M. Schwarz, D. J. 2015a, Advancing Astrophysics with the Square Kilometre Array (AASKA14), p. 24.Google Scholar
- Bull, P., Ferreira, P. G., Patel, P. Santos, M. G. 2015b, Astrophys. J., 803, 21.Google Scholar
- Hussain, A., Thakur, S., Guha Sarkar, T. Sen, A. A. 2016, to appear in MNRAS, preprint (arXiv:1603.02087).
- Santos, M. et al., Advancing Astrophysics with the Square Kilometre Array (AASKA14), p. 19 (2015)Google Scholar
- Zhao, G., Bacon, D., Maartens, R., Santos, M. Raccanelli, A. 2015, Advancing Astrophysics with the Square Kilometre Array (AASKA14), p. 165.Google Scholar