Influence of preparation conditions on superconducting properties of Bi-2223 thin films
- 156 Downloads
We report electrical transport properties of Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3O10+x (Bi-2223) superconducting thin films fabricated by pulsed-laser deposition on SrTiO3 substrate. The aim of the study was to investigate the influence of preparation conditions such as deposition temperature (T S), annealing time (t A) and deposition rate (r). A critical temperature (T c) as high as 110 K and critical current density (J c) of 6·2 × 106 A/cm2 at 20 K were obtained for T S = 760°C, t A = 4 h and r = 1·5 Å/s. We also investigated the effect of Li doping on Bi-2223 thin films. Li intercalation results in high resistive onset transition temperature and the resistivity shows broadening in magnetic field that increases with field. The large broadening of resistivity curve in magnetic field suggests that this phenomenon is directly related to the intrinsic superconducting properties of the copper oxide superconductors. The sudden drop in J c at relatively low magnetic field (H < 0·5 tesla) is due to the effect of Josephson weak-links at the grain boundaries.
KeywordsBi-2223 thin film pulsed laser deposition critical current density
We thank the International Centre for Materials Science, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore, for providing a visiting fellowship. This work was partially supported by the Nafosted Program under the Project No.103.02-2010.22. Authors thank Prof CNR Rao for helpful discussion and providing facilities required for this study.
- Dijkkamp D, Venkatesan T, Wu X D, Shaheen S A, Jisrawi N, Min-Lee Y H, McLean W L and Croft M 1987 Appl. Phys. Lett. 619 51Google Scholar
- Doudkowsky M, Santiso J, Berton S, Figueras A and Bassas J 1997 Chem. Phys. 288 1Google Scholar
- Kambe S, Guo Y G, Dou S X, Liu H K and Wakahara Y 1996 Proceedings of IPMM’97 2 451Google Scholar
- Matthiesen MM, Graybeal J M, Orlando T P and Vander Sande J B 1991 IEEE Trans. Magn. 1223 272Google Scholar
- Mihalache V, Aldica G, Giusca C and Miu L 2001 J. Supercond. Inc. Novel Magn. 14 575Google Scholar
- Mihalache V, Aldica G, Popa S and Crisan 2003a Physica C 384 451Google Scholar
- Mihalache V, Aldica G, Popa S and Miu D 2003b J. Supercond. Inc. Novel Magn. 16 869Google Scholar
- Minh N D, Hien T D, Man N K, Truong D V and So P V 2003 Commun. Phys. 13 142Google Scholar
- Norihisa A, Shinohara K, Matsunami N and Takai Y 1999 Supercond. Sci. Technol. 203 12Google Scholar
- Simon R 2003 RF military electronics (RF design - August) 28.Google Scholar