Effect of curing conditions and ionic additives on properties of fly ash-lime compacts
- 82 Downloads
In the present work the reaction between fly ash and lime in fly ash-lime compacts under water curing and steam curing conditions was studied thoroughly in relation to the processing conditions. Fly ash from different sources were collected, characterized, mixed with lime in different ratios and compacted. The compacts were cured with water and steam separately. The reduction in the free CaO content in these compacts was measured as a function of curing time and curing process. Role of two ionic additives, FeCl3 and MgCl2, on the reaction between fly ash and lime was also investigated by measuring the free CaO content. Kinetics of these reactions was studied by determining the reaction order and rate constants with respect to the free CaO content and it was observed that the curing conditions and additives affected the reaction kinetics significantly.
KeywordsFly ash free CaO reaction kinetics curing additives
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barbier U 1986 Ind. Ital. Laterizi 40 53Google Scholar
- Brown P M 1986 J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 73 345Google Scholar
- Jiang W and Roy D M 1992 Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 71 642Google Scholar
- Lokken R O, Shade J W and Martin P F C 1990 Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 176 23Google Scholar
- Maitra S, Das A K and Basumajumdar A 2005 InterCeram 54 4749Google Scholar
- Maitra S, Bandyopadhyay N and Das A 2007 J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 903 712Google Scholar
- Muntcan M, Paul F and Haret B 1987 Mater. Constr. 17 226Google Scholar
- Pietersen H S, Farry A L A and Bijen J M 1990 Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 176 139Google Scholar
- Roy D M and Silsbee M R 1992 Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 245 153Google Scholar
- Song J T, Yun S D, Ryan D W and Han K S 1996 J. Korean Ceram. Soc. 33 262Google Scholar
- Tsunematsu S, Inow N and Hara N 1987 Gypsum and Lime 211 362Google Scholar