Fabrication and characterization of S. cilliare fibre reinforced polymer composites
In the recent times, there has been an ever-increasing interest in green composite materials for its applications in the field of industries, aerospace, sports, household etc and in many other fields. In this paper, fabrication of Saccharum cilliare fibre reinforced green polymer composites using resorcinol formaldehyde (RF) as a novel matrix has been reported. A systematic approach for processing of polymer is presented. Effect of fibre loading on mechanical properties like flexural, tensile, compressive and wear resistances has also been determined. Reinforcing of the RF resin with Saccharum cilliare (SC) fibre was done in the form of particle size (200 micron). Present work reveals that mechanical properties of the RF resin have been found to increase up to 30% fibre loading and then decreases. Morphological and thermal studies of the resin, fibre and particle reinforced (P-Rnf) green composites have also been studied.
KeywordsComposites reinforcements optimization mechanical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chauhan G S, Kaur I, Misra B N, Singha A S and Kaith B S 1999 J. Polym. Mater. 16 245Google Scholar
- Chauhan G S, Bhatt S S, Kaur I, Singha A S and Kaith B S 2000b J. Polym. Mater. 17 363Google Scholar
- Chauhan G S, Lal H, Singha A S and Kaith B S 2001 Indian J. Fibre & Text. Res. 26 302Google Scholar
- Kaith B S, Singha A S, Susheel Kumar and Misra B N 2005 J. Polym. Mater. 22 425Google Scholar
- Kaith B S, Singha A S and Susheel Kalia 2007 AUTEX Res. J. 7 119Google Scholar
- Pizzi A and Cameron F A 1989 Wood adhesive chemistry and technology (New York: Marcel Dekker) 2 Google Scholar
- Singha A S and Shama Anjali 2007a Int. J. Chem. Sci. 5 1404Google Scholar
- Singha A S and Thakur Vijay K 2007b Int. conf. on polymeric materials in power engineering (ICPMPE) (Bangalore) IVB-8, pp 73Google Scholar
- Singha A S, Kaith B S and Sarwade B D 2002 Hung. J. Ind. Chem. VESZPREM 30 289Google Scholar
- Singha A S, Susheel Kumar and Kaith B S 2005 Int. J. Plast. Technol. 9 427Google Scholar
- Singha A S, Shama Anjali and Misra B N 2008b J. Polym. Mater. 25 91Google Scholar