Size dependent optical characteristics of chemically deposited nanostructured ZnS thin films
- First Online:
- 247 Downloads
ZnS thin films of different thicknesses were prepared by chemical bath deposition using thiourea and zinc acetate as S2− and Zn2+ source. The effect of film thickness on the optical and structural properties was studied. The optical absorption studies in the wavelength range 250–750 nm show that band gap energy of ZnS increases from 3·68–4·10 eV as thickness varied from 332–76 nm. The structural estimation shows variation in grain size from 6·9–17·8 nm with thickness. The thermoemf measurement indicates that films prepared by this method are of n-type.
KeywordsThin film ZnS CBD method optical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ASTM Diffraction data file card, No. 12-688, 10-434, and 5-0492Google Scholar
- Dona J M and Herrero J 1992 This Journal 139 2810Google Scholar
- Dube R H 1960 Photoconductivity of solids (New York: Wiley) p. 233Google Scholar
- Klechkovskaya V V, Maslov V N and Murad M B 1989 Sov. Phys. Crystallogr. 34 105Google Scholar
- Lincot D and Vedel J 1991 Proceedings of 10 th European photovoltaic solar energy conference, Lisbon (Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers) p. 931Google Scholar
- Mach R and Muller G O 1982 Phys. Status Solidi A69 11Google Scholar
- Mane R S and Lokhande C D 2000 Thin Solid Films 65 1Google Scholar
- Mika P V and Lindroos S 1988 Appl. Surf. Sci. 136 131Google Scholar
- Ubale A U and Kulkarni D K 2005 Bull. Mater. Sci. 28 43Google Scholar