Different Genotype of rs3130932 Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Between Gastric Cancer Patients and Normal Subjects
- 157 Downloads
Octamer binding transcription factor B gene (OCT4) is responsible for development and self-renewal maintenance of embryonic stem cells. The rs3130932 single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) may play a role in tumor genesis. Because of high prevalence of gastric cancer in north of Iran, this study was investigated role of rs3130932 polymorphism and stomach cancer.
Blood samples were collected from 100 informed gastric cancer patients and 100 age and sex-matched healthy individuals, and were genotyped for the presence of rs3130932G allele by ssp PCR.
The mean age of participant (n = 200) was 67.83 ± 10.878 years. In genotyping and allelic analysis, TG genotype increased 66.147 times more likely to develop stomach cancer than the TT genotype, and disease risk increases 140.496 times more in GG genotype in comparison with TT genotype.
This study clearly emphasis on different genetic profile in this population and show that the rs3130932G allele and odds of gastric cancer are related to each other in northern of Iran.
KeywordsGastric cancer OCT4 gene Single nucleotide polymorphism
This study was approved and supported by Mazandaran University of medical sciences. The authors would like to thank Tooba clinic lab technicians for their assistance in sample collection.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 3.Ishimoto T, Sawayama H, Sugihara H, Baba H (2014) Interaction between gastric cancer stem cells and the tumor microenvironment. Journal of gastroenterology.Google Scholar
- 4.Lau WM, Teng E, Chong HS, Pagaduan Lopez KA, Ling Tay AY, Salto-Tellez M, et al. (2014) CD44v8-10 is a cancer-specific marker for gastric cancer stem cells. Cancer research.Google Scholar
- 6.Wu G, Han D, Gong Y, ntile V, Singhal N. Establishment of totipotency does not depend on Oct4A. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15(9).Google Scholar
- 14.Papenfuss WA, Kukar M, Oxenberg J, Attwood K, Nurkin S, Malhotra U, et al. (2014) Morbidity and Mortality Associated with Gastrectomy for Gastric Cancer. Annals of surgical oncology.doi.Google Scholar
- 22.Katafigiotis S, Papamichos SI, Katopodi R, Papazisis K, Mylonaki E, Repana D, et al. A case-control study on the rs3130932 single nucleotide polymorphism in the OCT4B translation initiation codon in association with cancer state. European journal of cancer prevention: the official journal of the European Cancer Prevention Organisation (ECP). 2011;20(3):248–51.CrossRefGoogle Scholar