Prevention of lung cancer
- 13 Downloads
This is a review of current concepts in lung cancer prevention including primary or smoking prevention, secondary prevention or smoking cessation and tertiary prevention or chemoprevention of lung cancer.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CDC: Trends in cigarette smoking among high school students-US, 1999·1999. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2000;49:755–8.Google Scholar
- 2.Women and Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Office on Smoking and Health website. www.cdc.gov/tobaccoGoogle Scholar
- 7.Fiore MC, Bailey WC, Cohen SJ, et al. Smoking Cessation: Clinical Practice Guideline No. 18. Rockville, MD: US Dept of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, AHCPR Publ No 96-0692, 1996.Google Scholar
- 13.Kawamori T, Rao CV, Seibert K, Reddy BS. Chemopreventive activity of celecoxib, a specific cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor against colon carcinogenesis. Cancer Rec. 1998;58:409–12.Google Scholar
- 17.Wattenberg LW, Wiedmann TS, Estensen RD, et al. Chemoprevention of pulmonary carcinogenesis by brief exposures to aerosolized budesonide or beclomethasone dipropionate and by the combination of aerosolized budesonide and dietary myo-inositol. Carcinogenesis. 2000;21:179–82.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.St John TM. Frontiers in lung cancer chemoprevention. Lung Cancer Quarterly. 2002;3:2–3.Google Scholar