A Method for Microalgae Proteomics Analysis Based on Modified Filter-Aided Sample Preparation
- 356 Downloads
With the fast development of microalgal biofuel researches, the proteomics studies of microalgae increased quickly. A filter-aided sample preparation (FASP) method is widely used proteomics sample preparation method since 2009. Here, a method of microalgae proteomics analysis based on modified filter-aided sample preparation (mFASP) was described to meet the characteristics of microalgae cells and eliminate the error caused by over-alkylation. Using Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as the model, the prepared sample was tested by standard LC-MS/MS and compared with the previous reports. The results showed mFASP is suitable for most of occasions of microalgae proteomics studies.
KeywordsFASP mFASP Chlamydomonas reinhardtii Proteomics Sample preparation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 31470432) and Provincial Natural Science Foundation of Liaoning (No. 2014020090). The authors also want to express their thanks to Dr. Qin Hong Qing’s constructive discussions on the setting of the mass spectrum parameters.
- 8.Fascellaro, G., Petrera, A., Lai, Z. W., Nanni, P., Grossmann, J., Burger, S., Biniossek, M. L., Gomez-Auli, A., Schilling, O., & Imkamp, F. (2016). Comprehensive proteomic analysis of nitrogen-starved Mycobacterium smegmatis delta pup reveals the impact of pupylation on nitrogen stress response. Journal of Proteome Research, 15, 2812–2825.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Schmidt, M., Gebner, G., Luff, M., Heiland, I., Wagner, V., Kaminski, M., Geimer, S., Eitzinger, N., Reibenweber, T., Voytsekh, O., Fiedler, M., Mittag, M., & Kreimer, G. (2006). Proteomic analysis of the eyespot of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii provides novel insights into its components and tactic movements. The Plant Cell, 18, 1908–1930.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Longworth, J., Noirel, J., Pandhal, J., Wright, P. C., & Vaidyanathan, S. (2012). HILIC- and SCX-based quantitative proteomics of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii during nitrogen starvation induced lipid and carbohydrate accumulation. Journal of Proteome Research, 11, 5959–5971.Google Scholar
- 14.Sun, M. M., Sun, J., Qiu, J. W., Jing, H. M., & Liu, H. B. (2012). Characterization of the proteomic profiles of the brown tide alga Aureoumbra lagunensis under phosphate- and nitrogen-limiting conditions and of its phosphate limitation-specific protein with alkaline phosphatase activity. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 78, 2025–2033.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Patel, A. K., Huang, E. L., Low-Decarie, E., & Lefsrud, M. G. (2015). Comparative shotgun proteomic analysis of wastewater-cultured microalgae: nitrogen sensing and carbon fixation for growth and nutrient removal in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Journal of Proteome Research, 14, 3051–3067.CrossRefGoogle Scholar