Selection of products based on customer preferences applying fuzzy logic
- 210 Downloads
Customer satisfaction depends on many variables, such as quality, price, availability, customer service, and so on, and increases with the degree to which the delivered product meets the customer’s preferences. Frequently, vendors have to help customers select a product from among those available to satisfy their needs and wants. Most of the time, the information provided by the customers is not very precise. In this paper, we propose a method to select the product that is the closest to their preferences. A way to measure the relative indifference between different characteristics (Fuzzy Indifference Degree, FID) is proposed as well, which is based on fuzzy preference relations. An example is given to illustrate the applicability of the proposed method.
KeywordsProduct evaluation Product selection Customer satisfaction Fuzzy logic Fuzzy preference relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Foldesi, P., Koczy, L.T., Botzheim, J.: Fuzzy extension for Kano’s model using bacterial evolutionary algorithm, IEEE. ISCIII’07: Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, pp. 147–151 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Kuo, Y.-F.: An artificial fuzzy neural controller and its application to customer satisfaction measurement. The University of Texas at Arlington, 129, AAT 9634337 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, M.-T.: Fuzzy models for industrial performance and customer satisfaction. The University of Texas at Arlington, 168, AAT 9604010 (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, Ch.-H.: A fuzzy multi-factor and attribute decision-making model based on customer survey for product selection. Liu, Chin-Hung, Ph.D., The University of Texas at Arlington, AAT 9718547 (1996)Google Scholar
- 13.Popp H., Lodel D.: Fuzzy techniques and user modeling in sales assistants. User Model. User Adap. Interact. 5(3–4), 349–370 (1995)Google Scholar
- 16.Yuen, K.K.F., Lau, H.C.W.: A distributed fuzzy qualitative evaluation system. In: IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 2006 Main Conference Proceedings), pp. 560–563 (2006)Google Scholar