Defending Waste, Fraud, and Abuse
- 3.Cram P, House JA, Messenger JC, Piana RN, Horwitz PA, Spertus JA. Indications for percutaneous coronary interventions performed in US hospitals: a report from the NCDR((R)). Am Heart J. 2012;163:214–221 e1.Google Scholar
- 5.Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General. CMS and its contractors have adopted few program integrity practices to address vulnerabilities in EHRs. Available at: http://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-01-11-00571.asp. Accessed March 25, 2014.
- 7.Go AS, Mozaffarian D, Roger VL, Benjamin EJ, Berry JD, Blaha MJ, Dai S, Ford ES, Fox CS, Franco S, Fullerton HJ, Gillespie C, Hailpern SM, Heit JA, Howard VJ, Huffman MD, Judd SE, Kissela BM, Kittner SJ, Lackland DT, Lichtman JH, Lisabeth LD, Mackey RH, Magid DJ, Marcus GM, Marelli A, Matchar DB, McGuire DK, Mohler ER 3rd, Moy CS, Mussolino ME, Neumar RW, Nichol G, Pandey DK, Paynter NP, Reeves MJ, Sorlie PD, Stein J, Towfighi A, Turan TN, Virani SS,Wong ND, Woo D, Turner MB; American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart disease and stroke statistics–2014 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2014;129:e28–e292.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Kaiser Health News. Health law changes rules for docs with in-house imaging machines. Available at: http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stories/2010/august/23/physician-self-referral-health-law.aspx. Accessed February 28, 2014.
- 11.Patel MR, Dehmer GJ, Hirshfeld JW, Smith PK, Spertus JA. ACCF/SCAI/STS/AATS/AHA/ASNC 2009 Appropriateness Criteria for Coronary Revascularization: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Appropriateness Criteria Task Force, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American Heart Association, and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology: Endorsed by the American Society of Echocardiography, the Heart Failure Society of America, and the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography. Circulation. 2009;119:1330–1352.Google Scholar
- 12.Pellegrini LC, Rodriguez-Monguio R, Qian J. The US healthcare workforce and the labor market effect on healthcare spending and health outcomes [published online ahead of print March 21, 2014]. Int J Health Care Finance Econ. DOI: 10.1007/s10754-014-9142-0.
- 13.Prioritized list of health services. Available at: http://www.oregon.gov/oha/herc/PrioritizedList/10-1-2013%20Prioritized%20List%20of%20Health%20Services.pdf. Accessed December 9, 2013.
- 15.The Federal Bureau of Investigation. Salisbury cardiologist convicted of implanting unnecessary cardiac stents. Available at: http://www.fbi.gov/baltimore/press-releases/2011/salisbury-cardiologist-convicted-of-implanting-unnecessary-cardiac-stents. Accessed February 17, 2014.
- 16.United States Department of Justice. Doctor and two consultants found guilty in Manhattan federal court in LIRR disability fraud scheme. Available at: http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressreleases/August13/LesniewskiVerdict.php. Accessed March 3, 2014.
© The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons® 2014