CORR Insights™: High Infection Rate Outcomes in Long-bone Tumor Surgery with Endoprosthetic Reconstruction in Adults: A Systematic Review
- 273 Downloads
KeywordsCentral Venous Catheter Soft Tissue Defect Orthopaedic Oncology Prosthetic Infection Musculoskeletal Tumor Society
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Consumer Reports.org. Deadly infections: how good is your hospital at preventing them? Available at: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/12/deadly-infections/index.htm. Accessed February 17, 2013.
- 2.Ghert M, Deheshi B, Holt G, Randall RL, Ferguson P, Wunder J, Turcotte R, Werier J, Clarkson P, Damron T, Benevenia J, Anderson M, Gebhardt M, Isler M, Mottard S, Healey J, Evaniew N, Racano A, Sprague S, Swinton M, Bryant D, Thabane L, Guyatt G, Bhandari M; PARITY Investigators. Prophylactic antibiotic regimens in tumour surgery (PARITY): protocol for a multicentre randomised controlled study. BMJ Open. 2012;2(6). pii: e002197.Google Scholar
- 5.McMullen L. U.S. News Ranks Best Hospitals 2012–2013. July 16, 2012. Available at: http://health.usnews.com/health-news/best-hospitals/articles/2012/07/16/us-news-ranks-best-hospitals-2012-13. Accessed February 21, 2013.
- 6.Racano A, Pazionis T, Farrokhyar F, Deheshi B, Ghert M. High infection rate outcomes in long-bone tumor surgery with endoprosthetic reconstruction in adults: a systematic review. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print].Google Scholar
- 7.Stewart S, Barr S, Engiles J, Hickok NJ, Shapiro IM, Richardson DW, Parvizi J, Schaer P. Vancomycin-modified implant surface inhibits biofilm formation and supports bone-healing in an infected osteotomy model in sheep: a proof-of-concept study. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012;94:1406–1415.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
© The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons® 2013