Biographical Sketch: James Stephen Ewing, MD (1844–1943)
Symposium: 2010 Musculoskeletal Tumor Society The Classic
This biographical sketch on James Ewing corresponds to the historic text, The Classic: The Modern Attitude Toward Traumatic Cancer (1935), available at DOI 10.1007/s11999-011-2235-x.
KeywordsMalaria Memorial Hospital Lymphosarcoma Biographical Sketch Chemical Irritation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Anonymous. James Ewing (pathologist). 2011. Wikipedia. Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ewing_(pathologist). Accessed December 13, 2011.
- 3.Cotterill S. About James Ewing, 1866–1943. 1999. CancerIndex.org. Available at: http://www.cancerindex.org/bone/ewing.htm#tumour. Accessed December 13, 2011.
- 4.Enersen OD. James Ewing. 2011. Whonamedit? A dictionary of medical eponyms. Available at: http://www.whonamedit.com/doctor.cfm/2094.html. Accessed December 13, 2011.
- 5.Ewing J. Diffuse endothelioma of bone. Proc N Y Patholog Soc. 1921;21:17.Google Scholar
- 6.Ewing J. An analysis of radiation therapy in cancer: The Mütter Lecture. Trans Coll Phys Phila. 1922;44:190–235.Google Scholar
© The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons® 2011