Effects of foliage boron-spraying on seed yields and fatty acid composition of tree peony (Paeonia ostii ‘Feng Dan’)
- 29 Downloads
The influence of the foliage boron(B)-spaying concentration on the yield and fatty acid composition of tree peony (Paeonia ostii ‘Feng Dan’) was explored in the experiment of 2014-2015. In this research, a statistically significant correlation was found between the mass concentration of foliage boron- spraying and tree peony seed yield. Maximum yield increment of tree peony seeds was obtained when the boron-spraying concentration was 4 g/L. The composition of fatty acid was analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), and the main components of the fatty acid composition were quantified by internal standard method. The increase in the oil extraction rate after foliage boron-spraying nutrition of different concentration was significant and ranged between 0.04% and 11.43%. Seed oil production and oil extraction rate were also increased due to the increase of seed yields. Furthermore, foliage boron-spraying had a significant effect on the content of linolenic acid and linoleic acid in seed oil.
Keywordstree peony foliage boron-spraying seed yield GC-MS fatty acid composition
CLC numberS 685.11
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors gratefully acknowledge MA Xinshi for his enthusiastic support of this research and access to land for experimentation.
- Wang H Z. Analysis and countermeasures of China’s edible oil supply security situation[J]. Chinese Journal of Oil Crops, 2007, 29 (3): 347–349(Ch).Google Scholar
- Chen Y S, Wu S H. Study on China’s ancient tree peony culture[J]. Journal of Beijing Forestry University (Social Sciences), 2005, 3: 18–23(Ch).Google Scholar
- Li J J, Zhang X, Zhao X Q. Chinese Peony [M]. Beijing: China Encyclopedia Press, 2011(Ch).Google Scholar
- Zhang X D, Lu M, Hou S Z. An analysis of the prospect of peony in oil development[J]. Rural Science and Technology, 2013, (7): 11(Ch).Google Scholar
- National Health and Family Planning Commission. The note of ministry of health on the approval of acer truncatum seed oil and tree peony seed oil as a new resource food [EB/OL]. [2011-03-29]. http://www.nhfpc.gov.cn/sps/s7891/201103/cffd 9def6007444ea271189c18063b54.shtml (Ch).Google Scholar
- Zhao X Q, Suo Z L, Zhao J P, et al. Research on potential regions and related cultivation techniques for the central plains tree peony cultivars[J]. Wuhan Botanical Research, 2008, 26(S1): 1–45(Ch).Google Scholar
- Ma F L, Song L M, Wang J M. Overview of research on trace elements in soil[J]. Qinghai Science and Technology, 2009, 16(03): 32–36(Ch).Google Scholar
- Bould C, Hewitt E J, Needham P. Diagnosis of Mineral Disorder in Plants [M]. London: Prinipals, 1984.Google Scholar
- Dube B K, Sinha P, Chatterjee C. Boron stress affects metabolism and seed quality of sunflower[J]. Tropical Agriculture, 2000, 77(2): 89–92.Google Scholar
- Zhang Y E, Wang R L, Jin S J. Research on the content of soil micronutrients and affecting factors[J]. Soils and Fertilizers, 2005, 5: 35–37(Ch).Google Scholar
- Deng R X, Liu Z, Qin L L. Optimization of supercritical CO2 extraction and analysis of chemical composition of peony seed oil[J]. Food Science, 2010, 31(10): 142–145(Ch).Google Scholar
- Han X Y, Zhang Y L, Niu L X, et al. Fatty acid composition of ‘Feng Dan’ seed oils from different growing regions[J]. Food Science, 2014, 35(22): 181–184(Ch).Google Scholar
- Qi J C, Zhou H M, Ma J Q. GC-MS analysis of chemical components of peony seed oil[J]. Grain and Oil, 2005, (11): 23–24 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Zhou H M, Ma J Q, Miao C Y. Physicochemical indexes and fatty acid composition of peony seed oil[J]. China Oils and Fats, 2009, 34 (7): 72–74 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Katsumasa S, Keiki O, Keitaro T, et al. Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry associated global analysis of rice root exudates under aseptical conditions[J]. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 2009, 55(54): 505–513.Google Scholar
- Zhang Y L, Han X Y, Niu L X, et al. Analysis of fatty acid in seed oil from nine wild peony species[J]. Journal of China Grain and Oil, 2015, 30 (4): 72–79 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Liu L C, Jiang C C, Liu G D, et al. The progress of physiological effect of boron in plants and its impact on several important metabolites[J]. Chinese Agriculture Science, 2014, 30(6): 268–272 (Ch).Google Scholar