Screening and denitrification characteristics of a slight halophilic heterotrophic nitrobacteria
- 71 Downloads
A slight halophilic heterotrophic nitrobacteria named gs1 was separated from the matured activated sludge. According to the morphological observation, physiological biochemical tests and sequence analysis of the 16S rDNA, strain gs1 was identified to be as Pseudomonas sp. Sodium acetate and ammonium chloride were used as carbon and nitrogen sources, respectively, to investigate the characteristics of the bacterium. When cultured for 24 h under aerobic conditions, with the removal rates of the NH4 +-N and COD being 82.2% and 74.73%, respectively, strain gs1 will have a nitrification function of producing NO2 −-N. When cultured for 24 h under aerobic conditions in nitrite medium, the removal rate of the NO2 −-N became 100%, and when cultured for 24 h under aerobic conditions in nitrate medium, the removal rate of the NO3 −-N became 97%. The result shows that this strain functions for either nitrification or denitrification, i.e., it can complete the full process of biological deoxidation.
Key wordshalophilic heterotrophic nitrobacteria aerobic denitrification 16S rDNA sequence analysis
CLC numberX 172
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Papen H, von Berg R, Hinkel I, et al. Heterotrophic nitrification by alcaligenes faecalis, NO2, NO3, N2O and NO production in exponentially growing cultures[J]. Appl Environ Microbiol, 1989, 55: 2068–2072.Google Scholar
- Lin Yan, He Yiliang, Kong Hainan, et al. Isolation and characterization of heterotrophic nitrifying bacteria in MBR[J]. Joumal of Environmental Science, 2005, 17(4): 589–592.Google Scholar
- Castignetti D, Hollocher T C. Heterotrophic nitrification among denitrifiers[J]. Appl Envi Microbiol, 1984, 12: 16–20.Google Scholar
- Robertson L A, van Niel E W, Torremans R A M, et al. Simultaneous nitrification and denitrification in aerobic chemostat of Thiosphaera pantotropha[J]. Appl Envi Microbiol, 1988, 54: 2812–2818.Google Scholar
- Su Junfeng, Ma Fang, Wang Hongyu, et al. Isolation and characteristics of new heterotrophic nitrifying bacteria [J]. Journal of Donghua University (English Editon), 2007, 24(4): 546–553.Google Scholar
- Dong Xiuzhu, Cai Miaoying. Manual of Determinative and Systematic Bacteriology[M]. Bejing: Science Press, 2001: 166–168(Ch).Google Scholar
- Buchanan R E, Gibbons N E. Bergey’s Manual of Determinative Bacteriology[M]. 8th Edition. Translated by Institute of Microbiology Chinese Academy of Sciences. Bejing: Science Press, 1984: 12(Ch).Google Scholar