A formal reputation system for trusting wireless sensor network
- 51 Downloads
In this paper, a formal system is proposed based on beta reputation for the development of trustworthy wireless sensor networks (FRS-TWSN). Following this approach, key concepts related to reputation are formal described step by step for wireless sensor networks where sensor nodes maintain reputation for other sensors and use it to evaluate their trustworthiness. By proving some properties of beta reputation system, the beta distribution is founded to fit well to describe reputation system. Also, a case system is developed within this framework for reputation representation, updates and integration. Simulation results show this scheme not only can keep stable reputation but also can prevent the system from some attacks as bad mouthing and reputation cheating.
Key wordswireless sensor networks formal method reputation Beta distribution
CLC numberTP 309
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Sencun Z, Sanjeev S, Sushil J. LEAP: Efficient Security Mechanisms for Large-Scale Distributed Sensor Networks [EB/OL]. [2006-10-30].http://www.cse.psu.edu/~szhu/papers/leap.pdf.
- Blaze M, Feigenbaum J, Lacy J. Decentralized Trust Management[C]// Proc of the 17th Symp on Security and Privacy. Oakland: IEEE Computer Society Press, 1996: 164–173.Google Scholar
- Blaze M, Feigenbaum J, Ioannidis J, et al. RFC2704—The KeyNote Trust Management System Version 2[EB/OL]. [2006-12-30]. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2704.txt.
- Ninghui L, John C M, William H W. Design of a Role-Based Trust Management Framework [EB/OL]. [2006-12-10]. http://crypto.stanford.edu/~ninghui/papers/rt_oakland02.pdf.
- Sonja B, Jean-Yves L B. Coping with False Accusations in Misbehavior Reputation Systems for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks [EB/OL].[2004-12-10]. http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/584132.html.
- Sonja B, Jean-Yves L B. A Robust Reputation System for P2P and Mobile Ad-hoc Networks[EB/OL]. [2004-12-10]. http://www.cs.cornell.edu/People/egs/cs615-spring07/rep-p2pecon.pdf.
- Dellarocas C. Mechanisms for Coping with Unfair Ratings and Discriminatory Behavior in Online Reputation Reporting Systems[EB/OL].[2006-01-09].http://acm.lib.tsinghua. edu.cn.
- Audun J, Roslan I. The Beta Reputation System [EB/OL]. [2005-09-01]. http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~msmith27/readings/public/josang-2002a.pdf.
- Paul R, Richard Z. Trust among Strangers in Internet Transactions: Empirical Analysis of eBay’s Reputation System [EB/OL]. [2006-09-10].http://www.si.umich.edu/~presnick/papers/ebayNBER/RZNBERBodegaBay.pdf.
- Sonja B, Jean-Yves L B. Performance Analysis of the CONFIDANT Protocol [EB/OL]. [2006-10-10]. http://acm.lib.tsinghua.edu.cn/acm/.
- Pietro M, Refik M. CORE: A Collaborative Reputation Mechanism to Enforce Node Cooperation in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks [EB/OL]. [2006-09-10]. http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm-id=647802.737297.