Nonlinear pseudo-differential equations defined by elliptic symbols on Lp(ℝn) and the fractional Laplacian
- 8 Downloads
We develop an Lp(ℝn)-functional calculus appropriated for interpreting “non-classical symbols” of the form a(−Δ), and for proving existence of solutions to nonlinear pseudo-differential equations of the form [1 + a(−Δ)]s/2(u) = V (·, u). We use the theory of Fourier multipliers for constructing suitable domains sitting inside Lp(ℝn) on which the formal operator appearing in the above equation can be rigorously defined, and we prove existence of solutions belonging to these domains. We include applications of the theory to equations of physical interest involving the fractional Laplace operator such as (generalizations of) the (focusing) Allen–Cahn, Benjamin–Ono and nonlinear Schrödinger equations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Ambrosio, Ground states solutions for a non-linear equation involving a pseudorelativistic Schrödinger operator, Journal of Mathematical Physics 57 (2016), paper no. 051502.Google Scholar
- W. Arendt, C. J. K. Batty, M. Hiebber and F. Neubrander, Vector-Valued Laplace Transforms and Cauchy Problems, Monographs in Mathematics, Vol. 96, Birkhäuser/Springer, Basel, 2011.Google Scholar
- N. Barnaby and N. Kamran, Dynamics with infinitely many derivatives: the initial value problem, Journal of High Energy Physics 12 (2008), paper no. 22.Google Scholar
- N. Barnaby and N. Kamran, Dynamics with infinitely many derivatives: variable coefficient equations, Journal of High Energy Physics 2 (2008), paper no. 8.Google Scholar
- G. Calcagni, M. Montobbio and G. Nardelli, Route to nonlocal cosmology, Physical Review D 76 (2007), paper no. 126001.Google Scholar
- L. Evans, Partial Differential Equations, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, Vol. 19, American Mathematical Society, providence, RI, 1998.Google Scholar
- D. Guidetti, Vector valued Fourier multipliers and applications, in Bruno Pini Mathematical Analysis Seminar, Vol. 2010, Alma Mater Studiorum, Università di Bologna, Bologna, 2010, doi: 10.6092/issn.2240-2829/2231.Google Scholar
- C. Klein, C. Sparber and P. Markowich, Numerical study of fractional nonlinear Schrödinger equations, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A. Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 470 (2014), paper no. 20140364.Google Scholar
- E. Stein, Singular Integrals and Differentiability Properties of Functions, Princeton Mathematical Series, Vol. 30, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1970.Google Scholar
- M. E. Taylor, Partial Differential Equations. III. Nonlinear Equations, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 117, Springer, New York, 2010.Google Scholar
- H. Triebel, Theory of Function Spaces. III, Monographs in Mathematics, Vol. 100, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2006.Google Scholar