Shalom’s property HFD and extensions by ℤ of locally finite groups
- 8 Downloads
We show that every finitely generated extension by ℤ of a locally normally finite group has Shalom’s property HFD. The statement is no longer true without the normality assumption. This permits to answer some questions of Shalom, Erschler–Ozawa and Kozma. We also obtain a Neumann–Neumann embedding result that any countable locally finite group embeds into a two-generated amenable group with property HFD.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BTZ17]J. Brieussel, R. Tanaka and T. Zheng, Random walks on the discrete affine group, preprint, arXiv:1703.07741.Google Scholar
- [BZ15]J. Brieussel and T. Zheng, Speed of random walks, isoperimetry and compression of finitely generated groups, preprint, arXiv:1510.08040.Google Scholar
- [Kle10]B. Kleiner, A new proof of Gromov’s theorem on groups of polynomial growth, Journal of the American Mathematical Society 23 (2010), 815–829.Google Scholar
- [LP16]R. Lyons and Y. Peres, Probability on Trees and Networks, Cambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics, Vol. 42, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2016.Google Scholar
- [Oza17]N. Ozawa, A functional analysis proof of Gromov’s polynomial growth theorem, Annales Scientifiques de l’École Normale Supérieure 51 (2018), 549–556.Google Scholar