Right-angled Artin groups in the C ∞ diffeomorphism group of the real line
- 175 Downloads
We prove that every right-angled Artin group embeds into the C ∞ diffeomorphism group of the real line. As a corollary, we show every limit group, and more generally every countable residually RAAG group, embeds into the C ∞ diffeomorphism group of the real line.
KeywordsBraid Group Group Homomorphism Mapping Class Group Conjugacy Problem Cube Complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Calegari and D. Rolfsen, Groups of PL homeomorphisms of cubes, preprint (2014).Google Scholar
- B. Farb and J. Franks, Groups of homeomorphisms of one-manifolds, I: Actions of nonlinear groups, preprint.Google Scholar
- S.-H. Kim and T. Koberda, Anti-trees and right-angled Artin subgroups of planar braid groups, Geometry & Topology, to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Navas, Groups of Circle Diffeomorphisms, Spanish ed., Chicago Lectures in Mathematics, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL, 2011.Google Scholar
- D. T. Wise, From Riches to Raags: 3-Manifolds, Right-Angled Artin Groups, and Cubical Geometry, CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, Vol. 117, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2012.Google Scholar