Escape of mass and entropy for diagonal flows in real rank one situations
- 102 Downloads
Let G be a connected semisimple Lie group of real rank 1 with finite center, let Γ be a non-uniform lattice in G and a any diagonalizable element in G. We investigate the relation between the metric entropy of a acting on the homogeneous space Γ\G and escape of mass. Moreover, we provide bounds on the escaping mass and, as an application, we show that the Hausdorff dimension of the set of orbits (under iteration of a) which miss a fixed open set is not full.
KeywordsSymmetric Space Homogeneous Space Haar Measure Fundamental Domain Height Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [EL10]M. Einsiedler and E. Lindenstrauss, Diagonal actions on locally homogeneous spaces, in Homogeneous Flows, Moduli Spaces and Arithmetic, Clay Mathematics Proceedings, Vol. 10, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2010, pp. 155–241.Google Scholar
- [ELW]M. Einsiedler, E. Lindenstrauss and T. Ward, Entropy in ergodic theory and homogeneous dynamics, book project, http://maths.dur.ac.uk/~tpcc68/entropy/.
- [Hel00]S. Helgason, Groups and Geometric Analysis. Integral Geometry, Invariant Differential Operators, and Spherical Functions., Mathematical Surveys and Monographas, Vol. 83, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2000.Google Scholar
- [KKLM]S. Kadyrov, D. Y. Kleinbock, E. Lindenstrauss and G. A. Margulis Singular systems of linear forms and nonescape of mass in the space of lattices, Journal d’Analyse Mathematique, to appear.Google Scholar
- [KP]S. Kadyrov and A. Pohl, Amount of failure of upper-semicontinuity of entropy in noncompact rank one situations, and Hausdorff dimension, arXiv.org:1211.3019.Google Scholar