Finitely many smooth d-polytopes with n lattice points
We prove that for fixed n there are only finitely many embeddings of ℚ-factorial toric varieties X into ℙn that are induced by a complete linear system. The proof is based on a combinatorial result that implies that for fixed nonnegative integers d and n, there are only finitely many smooth d-polytopes with n lattice points. We also enumerate all smooth 3-polytopes with ≤ 12 lattice points.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BIS]W. Bruns, B. Ichim, C. Söger and T. Römer, normaliz 2, Software for computations in affine monoids, vector configurations, lattice polytopes, and rational cones, available at http://www.mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de/normaliz/.
- [LattE]J. A. De Loera, R. Hemmecke, J. Tauzer and R. Yoshida, LattE, Software for lattice point enumeration in polyhedra, available at http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~latte/.
- [GJ]E. Gawrilow and M. Joswig, polymake, software tool for studying the combinatorics and geometry of convex polytopes, available at http://www.polymake.de.
- [GJ00]E. Gawrilow and M. Joswig, Polymake: a framework for analyzing convex polytopes, in Polytopes—Combinatorics and Computation (Obervofach, 1997), DVM Seminar, Vol. 29, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2000, pp. 43–74.Google Scholar
- [Hib92]T. Hibi, Algebraic Combinatorics on Convex Polytopes, Carslaw Mathematics Texts, Carslaw Publications, Glebe, 1992.Google Scholar
- [HLP10]C. Haase, B. Lorenz and A. Paffenholz, Generating smooth lattice polytopes, in Proceedings of the Third International Congress on Mathematical Software 2010, Lecture Notes in Computer Sience, Vol. 6327, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, 2010, pp. 315–328.Google Scholar
- [JMP09]M. Joswig, B. Müller and A. Paffenholz, Polymake and lattice polytopes, in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics (FPSAC 2009), Discrete Mathematics & Theoretical Computer Sience Proceedings, Nancy, 2009, pp. 492–502, arxiv:0902.2919.Google Scholar
- [Lor09]B. Lorenz, Classification of smooth lattice polytopes with few lattice points, Master’s thesis, Freie Universität Berlin, 2009, arXiv:1001.0514.Google Scholar
- [Øbr07]M. Øbro, An algorithm for the classification of smooth Fano polytopes, 2007 arxiv:0704.0049.Google Scholar
- [Oda08]T. Oda, Problems on Minkowski sums of convex lattice polytopes, 2008, arXiv: 0812.1418.Google Scholar
- [Pic99]G. A. Pick, Geometrisches zur Zahlenlehre, Sitzenber. Lotos (Prague) 19 (1899), 311–319.Google Scholar