Nonuniform hyperbolicity for C 1-generic diffeomorphisms
- 342 Downloads
We study the ergodic theory of non-conservative C 1-generic diffeomorphisms. First, we show that homoclinic classes of arbitrary diffeomorphisms exhibit ergodic measures whose supports coincide with the homoclinic class. Second, we show that generic (for the weak topology) ergodic measures of C 1-generic diffeomorphisms are non-uniformly hyperbolic: they exhibit no zero Lyapunov exponents. Third, we extend a theorem by Sigmund on hyperbolic basic sets: every isolated transitive set Λ of any C 1-generic diffeomorphism f exhibits many ergodic hyperbolic measures whose supports coincide with the whole set Λ.
In addition, confirming a claim made by R. Mañé in 1982, we show that hyperbolic measures whose Oseledets splittings are dominated satisfy Pesin’s Stable Manifold Theorem, even if the diffeomorphism is only C 1.
KeywordsPeriodic Orbit Lyapunov Exponent Invariant Measure Periodic Point Stable Manifold
- [BDPR]Ch. Bonatti, L. J. Dáz, E. R. Pujals and J. Rocha, Robustly transitive sets and heterodimensional cycles, Astérisque 286 (2003), 187–222.Google Scholar
- [BDV]Ch. Bonatti, L. J. Dáz and M. Viana, Dynamics beyond uniform hyperbolicity, Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences (Mathematical Physics), Vol. 102, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2004.Google Scholar
- [K]K. Kuratowski, Topology II, Academic Press - PWN - Polish Sci. Publishers, Warszawa, 1968.Google Scholar
- [M2]R. Mañé Oseledec’s theorem from the generic viewpoint, in Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians (Warsaw, 1983), Vols. 1–2, 1984, pp. 1269–1276.Google Scholar
- [Y1]J. Yang, Ergodic measures far away from tangencies, preprint IMPA (2009).Google Scholar
- [Y2]J. Yang, Lyapunov stable chain recurrence classes, preprint IMPA (2008).Google Scholar